Oct 1, 2019
AUBURN, NY âNew York State Travel Industry Association (NYSTIA), has announced the election of 3 new members and the re-election of 4 members to the NYSTIA board of directors at their Annual Meeting held on September 26, 2019 in Auburn, NY.
The newly elected and re-elected members include:
- Valerie Knoblauch, Finger Lakes Visitors Connection
- Sara Poe, Strong National Museum of Play
- Nick Calderazzo, Twin Travel Concepts
- Corey Fram, 1000 Islands International Tourism Council
- Gina DaBiere-Gibbs, Fulton Montgomery Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Jennifer Ackerson, Alon Marketing Group
- Ken Meifert, National Baseball Hall of Fame
NYSTIA is governed by a 25 - member board of directors who represent the travel industry's various sectors and work together to provide leadership and overall guidance to NYSTIA's mission and operations.
âThe NYSTIA board of directors welcomes and looks forward to the insight, expertise and knowledge of our new members who are distinguished and accomplished leaders In our industry," said Valerie Knoblauch, NYSTIA Immediate Past Chair. âWe also extend our gratitude to Janet Clerkin, Jaime Claudio, and Talia Cass, for their years of service and leadership on the board," she said.
The following officers were elected to lead the board of directors:
- Chair - Natasha Caputo, Westchester County Tourism
- 1st Vice Chair - Josiah Brown, New York's Best Experiences
- 2nd Vice Chair â Matt Mitchell, Corporate Communications
- Treasurer - Kelly Rapone, Genesee County Chamber of Commerce
- Secretary - Ron Ofner, Adirondack Regional Tourism Council
"We are excited to welcome these talented and dynamic executives to the NYSTIA board of directors. Their knowledge, expertise and energy will contribute significantly to the momentum of our organization and its value to our membership." said Bob Provost, NYSTIA President & CEO.