The New York State Tourism Industry Association (NYSTIA) works to advance statewide economic growth, employment, and quality of life by realizing the potential of New York's tourism industry and facilitating the success of NYSTIA members. We are the catalyst for collaboration, cooperation and advocacy in the private sector of New York State's Tourism industry. Become a member.
NYSTIA addresses our mission and facilitates member success by providing networking and professional development opportunities, a comprehensive consumer trade show series and cost-effective media marketing programs. NYSTIA also hosts annual state-wide events, most notably the NYS Tourism Conference and the NYS Tourism Excellence Awards. Both events provide professional programming and the opportunity to network with tourism industry stakeholders and affiliated businesses. We engage in year-round advocacy support for our members, including participation in the annual Tourism Action Day at the NYS Capitol.
The New York State Tourism Industry Association (NYSTIA) brings together New York State tourism industry interests to advocate for and advance best practice in the pursuit of transformational tourism stewardship strategies and outcomes benefitting the tourism industry, destination communities and New York State residents.
The New York State Tourism Industry Association (NYSTIA)
- Strives for and promotes best practice standards in all of our endeavors;
- Embraces a culture of constant learning and evolutionary, constructive change;
- Creates and sustains an environment that celebrates success and acknowledges achievement.
Our Membership Community - All Are Welcome!
The New York State Tourism Industry Association (NYSTIA) Membership Community includes:
- New York State's regional and county Tourism Promotion Agencies (TPA's);
- Major Destination Marketing Organizations (DMO's), Convention & Visitors Bureaus (CVB's);
- New York State's major tourism attractions (e.g., LEGOLAND NY, Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort);
- Museums (e.g., National Baseball Hall of Fame, Corning Museum of Glass, Strong Museum of Play, The Wild Center);
- Hotels (e.g., The Harbor Hotel Collection, Diamond Mills, High Peaks Resort, Emerson Resort);
- Wineries, distilleries, craft brewers, and other regional/local business attractions;
- NYS Associations whose missions are aligned with tourism;
- Major tourism marketing firms from across the U.S.A. and Canada.
NYSTIA has signed the Travel Industry Association Pledge to show our commitment to purposeful action around diversity, equity, and inclusion to create an environment to make our organization, its membership and the broader travel industry more welcoming and inclusive. In adopting this pledge, we agree to follow the guiding principles outlined here.
- Providing networking opportunities with some of the best minds, most experienced individuals and trendsetting thought leaders in the tourism industry;
- Delivering personal and professional development programming for members of the tourism community;
- Facilitating career awareness and exploration for students and prospective tourism professionals;
- Driving success by creating, promoting and managing opportunities for cooperative relationships and partnerships among NYSTIA members;
- Raising consumer awareness and appreciation of the benefits of tourism, and of travel and vacation opportunities in New York State through specific marketing programs;
- Advocating for government policies and programs that enable New York State's tourism industry to realize its potential and provide positive outcomes for the residents of the state of New York.
Our Events & Communications: Virtual & In-Person
- New York State Tourism Excellence Awards: celebrating talented individuals and outstanding work that contribute to the success of New York State's tourism industry;
- New York State Tourism Conference: Convening the best and brightest in the industry in the spring of each year to share best practice, emerging trends, and thought leadership;
- New York State Tourism Industry Association Annual Meeting: The year in review and the year ahead - convening our members to set the agenda, launch new initiatives and set the agenda for the organization;
- Industry Roundtables, Monthly Virtual Meetings, Weekly Newsletter: All intended to keep you informed, in touch and in the forefront of the tourism industry.