Nov 4, 2020
- The surge in cases around the country and the globe is a stark reminder that this pandemic is far from over, and while we are doing a good job keeping our positivity rate low, we must remain vigilant in monitoring the infection rate throughout the state. We're staying on top of this situation by continuing our aggressive micro-cluster strategy, expanding testing capacity and enforcing compliance of the public health law. But New Yorkers must continue to practice the basic daily behaviors that make such a difference in our ability to slow the spread. Be vigilant, mask up, social distance, wash your hands and keep being New York Tough. It's going to take the work of all New Yorkers to beat this virus and we have to work together.
1. The positivity rate in the "micro-cluster" focus areas fell to 2.69 percent yesterday. The statewide positivity rate excluding these areas was 1.42 percent. Of the 133,534 tests reported yesterday, 2,126, or 1.59 percent, were positive. Total hospitalizations were at 1,253. Sadly we lost 14 New Yorkers.
2. Ski resorts can reopen with 50 percent indoor capacity starting this Friday, November 6th. There will be strict health and safety protocols put in place, including masks required at all times, except when eating/drinking or skiing/snowboarding, restricting gondolas and ski lifts to members of the same party, and limiting lessons to no more than 10 people.
3. To date, New York has conducted over 15 million tests. We continue to lead the nation in testing and remember, any New Yorker who wants a COVID test can get tested. If you are experiencing COVID symptoms or believe you may have been exposed to someone positive for COVID, get tested. Find a testing site near you.
4. Ads from the "Mask Up America" campaign have been seen 43 million times. The national campaign with videos featuring the voices of Ellen Pompeo, Paul Rudd, Billy Crystal, Anthony Mackie and more, have aired on TVs across the country and reached millions. Watch all the ads here.