Oct 13, 2020
Based on a significant number of discussions on the status of negotiations, there is reason to continue to actively and aggressively engage Congressional leaders and the Administration to continue negotiations on a broader deal to support the economy, workers, businesses and state and local governments.
Here is a small sampling of some of what we've heard in the last 48 hours:
- After ceasing negotiations, the President is now determined to get a COVID relief package done in the near term
- The Speaker and Secretary Mnuchin are negotiating again
- The Speaker's office is highly engaged and operating like it is serious
- Senate Republicans seem open to a larger package
- Airline bill as a stand alone is possibly moving next week, several committee chairmen and members of leadership have carefully chosen words on this topic throughout the past 24 hours
- Airline bill won't move unless it is part of a broader package, unless it does?
- Bigger bill won't happen until after the election, but?
We all agree that there needs to be a
So we should light up the phones, the emails and the social media - We think if we ALL ACTIVATE ON TUESDAY, OCT 13, it will resonate even more.
- Promote and amplify the COVID Relief Now Digital Ad (link here) through all of your media channels;
- Send targeted tweets and social media post using the social media tool kit;
- Activate your grassroots and grasstops through the Coalition grassroots portal;
- Engage local media for local, national and inside the beltway articles.
SEND YOUR CONGRESSIONAL REPRESENTATIVES AN ACTION ALERT EMAIL NOW: www.ustravel.org/
Updated social media is up in the toolkit... a gif has been added to the file, too:
We will also plan to have a call next week so please keep an eye out for an invite.
Thanks as well for sharing any intel you may be hearing!
Tori, Brian & Matt
Tori Emerson Barnes | Executive Vice President, Public Affairs and Policy
U.S. Travel Association
1100 New York Avenue, NW | Suite 450
Washington, D.C. 20005