Oct 5, 2020
- How Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Are Tools to “Reset & Rebuild" -
Travel Unity's 2020 Summit takes place October 21-23, 2020, with an invite-only session for those interested in visitorship in New York State on Monday, October 19th:
NYSTIA Member Exclusive: NYS Session Monday, Oct 19 / "NYSTIA' comp code for Oct 21 - 23
Here is the link to sign up at no charge for Monday's session: https://www.
- Ross Levi, Executive Director & VP, NYS Division of Tourism / Empire State Development; NYS Parks Presentation - Telling Comprehensive Stories - Cordell Reaves & Lavada Nahon; NYS Division of Human Rights - Anti-Discrimination: The Baseline for DEI; NYS Department of Env. Conservation - Environmental Justice and Visitorship - Alanah Keddell-Tuckey; NYS Tourism Industry Association - DEI Initiatives in NYSTIA; Dialogue with attendees around DEI in Visitorship, moderated by Adirondack Diversity Initiative Director Nicky Hylton-Patterson
'NYSTIA' comp code for the rest of the week's sessions - Use this link: https://www.eventbrite.
“We are honored to bring in global voices from across the diversity, equity, and inclusion space," said Roni Weiss, the executive director of Travel Unity. “Since our first Travel Unity Summit in 2015, we have had our footprint firmly in New York State. A virtual summit allows us to bring in voices that we have respected for a very long time."
- Randy Durband, CEO of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC)
- Elliott Ferguson, President & CEO at Destination DC
- Tiffany Misrahi, Vice-President of Policy at the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC)
- Denise Naguib, Vice President, Sustainability & Supplier Diversity at Marriott International
- Norie Quintos, Editor at Large at National Geographic Travel Media
- Greg Takehara, CEO at Tourism Cares
This year's Silver Sponsors include TripAdvisor and the U.S. offices of the Tourism Authority of Thailand.
Sponsors & Partners include: Adirondack Diversity Initiative, I LOVE New York, NYSTIA, NYS Department of Environmental Conservation, NYS Department of Parks, Recreation, & Historical Preservation, Planet Abled, and Oceanic Global.
Past conferences have included representatives from the National Park Service, Visit Syracuse, SUNY Potsdam, SUNY ESF, Impact Travel Alliance, Visit Rochester, The Wild Center and many more.
Earlier in the summer, Travel Unity released its Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Standards for Travel & Tourism, which assist participating travel companies and organizations in benchmarking their commitment to DEI in three primary areas -- leadership & workforce, visitorship, and community impact -- and will provide a roadmap for evaluating their future efforts.
During the Summit, Travel Unity will announce the first round of participants in the pilot of Certified by Travel Unity (CBTU), with a second round of participants to be announced in November 2020.
For more on Travel Unity, please contact Roni Weiss, Executive Director.For more information about Travel Unity and to donate funds to the nonprofit's programs, visit www.travelunity.org.
Phone: +1 (212) 923-7704