Visitor Services & Accounting Specialist, Visit Rochester
Visit Rochester is a private 501c-6 organization. It is the official destination marketing organization for Rochester and Monroe County. Its work leads to the attraction and care of 1.7 million annual visitors. Visitors include tourists, meeting and convention delegates, sporting event participants and attendees, visitors to friends and relatives, and business travelers. Each employee of Visit Rochester has a very important role in the creation and servicing of visitor business.
Visitor Services Specialist:
- First point of contact at Visit Rochester
- Answer and distribute all incoming phone calls
- Welcome and engage with all visitors
- Provide visitor support
- Handle all outgoing mail
- Maintain internal CRM system for visitor requests and packets
- Assist in approving special event requests
- Oversee bulk distribution and brochure inventory
- Input, post and file Accounts Payable.
- Create check payments, post, file backup documentation and mail check disbursements.
- Generate Accounts Receivable invoices, mail and file.
- Create bank deposits.
- Review and contact customer to collect past-due invoices.
- Collect W-9’s and 1099 reporting.
- Solicit and record in-kinds for frontline and office needs.
Education & Experience
- Associate degree
- 1 year Experience in accounting preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Business insights
- CRM Database
- Microsoft Office Suite
If you would like to apply for this position, please email Jeanine Battermann at firstname.lastname@example.org.