Marketing & Communications Manager - Visitor Economy Management Office, Seneca Nation of Indians
The Seneca Nation of Indians is a Federally recognized tribe, located in Western New York. The Seneca Nation government currently employs over 2,000 people.
- Incumbent is responsible for keeping programs, partnerships, initiatives, and communications moving forward productively.
- They will assist and support the director’s mission and work with facilitation and operational support.
- BS degree in communications, hospitality, or marketing preferred.
- Minimum three years of experience as a respected team player, strategic marketing and communications, media relations in tourism or hospitality industry.
- Minimum five years’ experience in the tourism industry, positive personality, strong coordination and planning skills, experience in management preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education and work experience will be considered.
- Expertise in all major business software applications.
- A valid passport and NYS driver’s license are required for local, national and international travel.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as assigned.
- A strong grasp on technology and a mindset to continually learn as technology evolves.
- Ability to plan and manage projects with multiple partners, both internal and external to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Computer proficiency including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
- Possesses incredible people skills and an exceptional example of customer service.
- Proven creative writing, editing, and proofreading skills within a broad range of content development across a variety of platforms.
- Strong sense of the social media landscape and abilities to direct campaigns and content best practices in the this ever-evolving area.
- Ability and willingness to travel by any mode of transportation, including self-transport, to assigned venues.
- Familiarity with the principles of event planning for education and networking.
- Comfort level in leading press trips, familiarization trips, and hosting tours.
- Demonstrated passion for the Seneca Nation’s cultural, recreational and natural resources, as well as an appreciation of the Seneca Community.
- Mental and visual attention required to perform work dealing primarily with preparing and analyzing data and figures.
- Must be able to work independently and collaborating as part of a team or working closely with others over the phone or computer.
- Required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, grasp, talk, hear and perform repetitive motions, occasionally required to push and pull; to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and reach.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Seneca or Native preference given to qualified applicants.
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen Required.
If interested in applying, please following the link below. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Lasha Lay at email@example.com or call 716-1790 ext. 3185.