General Manager, Ithaca Downtown Conference Center Operated by ASM Global
Ithaca, New York
ASM Global was formed by the merger of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue and event strategy, management and other services. For more than 40 years, our clients have benefited from our depth of resources and unparalleled experience, expertise and creative problem-solving. Our success is built on our many local and national relationships and partnerships with publicly- and privately-owned venues, event producers, suppliers, architects, developers, sports teams and industry associations.
Together, we will create even greater experiences. Our vision is to connect the world through inspiration, innovation and imagination in order to realize the potential of the spaces and places that bring people together, so together we can elevate the human spirit and move the world forward.
This individual will have responsibility for the overall management, promotion, and operation of the Ithaca Downtown Conference Center, including purchasing, booking, marketing, finance, human resources, food and beverage, box office, advertising, security, production, maintenance, parking, and related operations.
- Aggressively promotes the use of the facility to maximize its utilization.
- Negotiates and provides final approval on all lease agreements with vendors, contracts and agreements with event organizers, hosts, managers, and agents.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all pertinent parties to encourage continual and regular use of the facility.
- Coordinates facility involvement with Convention and Visitors Bureau, as well as other appropriate destination marketing agencies
- Assures the coordination, implementation and administration of specific plans and programs prescribed by corporate directives, to include matters of training and development; quality assurance; energy efficiency; safety/emergency procedures, crowd control and crisis management procedures, or other areas as needed.
- Develops and implements facility goals in accordance with the management contract, the Client’s objectives, corporate policy, and good business practice.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and directs all activities and personnel engaged in maintaining and operating the facility.
- Assists and coordinates with the development of the annual operating calendar, activity schedules, and projections for attendance and/or revenue.
- Directs the development, administration and execution of all financial and operating reports including capital expenses, operating revenue, expense budgets, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises all the locations senior staff.
- The individual must establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Client/Contract Administrator, tenants, government departments and agencies, Convention and Visitors Bureau and/or appropriate destination marketing agencies, convention hotels, hospitality stakeholders, community and civic organizations, as well as union representatives (where applicable) to encourage continual and regular use of the facilities.
- Must have a proven track record of managing and leading large scale facility operations with a diverse workforce.
- Must have a strong orientation towards hospitality/customer service for the meeting, convention, and entertainment industry.
- Additionally, must possess working knowledge of facility operating standards, building maintenance, custodial, personnel and office management, including labor relations and union contracts (if applicable).
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from a four-year accredited college or university with major course work in business or public administration or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Must be a well-established leader and professional with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a senior management level position within a conference center or hotel.
Skills and Abilities:
- The individual must be able to perform effectively under significant pressure typically associated with meeting the demands and timetables of our industry.
- Incumbent must demonstrate business acumen with a client/customer service focus.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Link to Apply Online: