General Manager, Comfort Inn & Suites
This Comfort Inn is located in Medina, NY . We are within an hour drive from Niagara Falls/Buffalo to the west and Rochester and the Finger Lakes to the east. Our area is the hallmark-esque backdrop with rich cultural and culinary. Visitors that visit us take in our farm fresh produce awarding winning wineries and historic cobblestone and sandstone architecture – that all hinge on our proximity to Lake Ontario and the historic Erie Canal. The open waters of Lake Ontario and the tributaries offer outstanding year round trout and salmon fishing – It’s a top tier fishing destination!
Principal Responsibilities and Position Purpose: Manages the day to day hotel operations in keeping with all corporate and brand standards. Maximizes profitability as well as guest and team member satisfaction. Communicates with hotel owners and corporate offices, as required. Ensures the development and execution of strategic sales and marketing initiatives.
Example of Duties:
- Leads and manages hotel operations
- Approves hotel department budgets, defining and directing changes, as required in consultation of owner.
- Directs hotel actions required maximizing profitability, increasing service levels and improving team member satisfaction.
- Ensures hotel implementation and compliance of Choice Hotels International policies and procedures as well as Brand Standards.
- Oversees the sales and marketing activity and results. Leads and/or participates in sales and marketing strategy meetings. Participates in efforts to secure business, as needed.
- Leads to ensure overall profit, service and team member satisfaction goals are met or exceeded.
- Speaks with and responds to guests regarding service challenges.
- Hires, supervises, coaches, disciplines and conducts performance evaluations for all personnel.
- Develops the skills and abilities of direct reports.
- Monitors team member activity and ensures their growth within the company
Corporate Communication and Owner Relations
- Communication with hotel owners regarding results and aligning strategic plans for the future development of their hotel.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attends industry meetings and participates in industry organizations.
- Participates in and maintains active community relations
- Participates in corporate activities and meetings, as requested.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Choice Hotels and Medina Hospitality, LLC from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Irregular attendance will be met with disciplinary action up to and including termination of the position.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to perform critical analysis.
- Ability to manage extensive amounts of information and provides constructive feedback/direction.
- Extensive knowledge of hotel operations, sales & marketing, human resources and hotel financial processes and analysis.
- Excellent written skills sufficient to produce communications that properly reflects the Choice image.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Considerable ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team.
- Ability to delegate and organize projects and establishes priorities consistent with company objectives.
- Ability to effectively deal with owners, customers and team members, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet and work effectively under time and resource constraints.
- Ability to effectively lead team of professionals.
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Requires substantial and successful track record in hotel operations.
- Leadership experience; preferably 5 years or more.
- Hotel general management experience preferred.
- Proven track record of successes in achieving revenue and service objectives.
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate and train a team of professionals.
Starting salary based on experience.
If interested in applying for the General Manager position. Please fill out the attached job application and email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.