Convention Sales Manager, Destination Niagara USA
Destination Niagara USA is the official Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) for Niagara County, including the iconic Niagara Falls.
At Destination Niagara USA, we have the incredibly fun job of inspiring leisure and business travelers to explore not only the iconic waterfalls but everything else that we have to offer across our expansive and diverse destination.
We are a private non-profit with a mission to expand the economic prosperity of the Niagara Falls USA communities by generating individual and group visitation.
This position’s primary purpose is to prospect and sell specialty meetings (SMERF, sports) in Niagara County and to service all booked conventions and meetings.
- Generate potential sales prospects and solicit specialty (social, military, education, religious and fraternal) markets for meetings in Destination Niagara USA.
- Respond to target markets RFP’s through CVENT and other channels
- Input sales lead into CRM system with complete and accurate data and tags.
- Ensure all entries are recorded and properly maintained.
- Collect and record hotel room pick up from past groups.
- Maintain a well-informed and working knowledge of the convention & tourism products and services available across Niagara County.
- Prepare and maintain an ongoing convention & meeting calendar.
- Plan, develop and conduct in-market tours and site visits to familiarize specialty market meeting planners and promote Niagara Falls USA as a meetings destination.
- Prepare for and travel to industry tradeshows, conduct appointments and complete follow-up.
- Service all Convention groups in Niagara County with the following:
- Attendance building needs
- Welcome bags and/or info tables
- Pre-conference & post-conference meetings
- Post booking site visits
- Other inquiries as needed
- Work with Director of Convention Sales on any administrative tasks as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational and project management skills including team collaboration and coalition building.
- Excellent written and oral communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work independently.
- Positive, diplomatic, professional attitude.
- Proficient in all general office suite applications, experienced in email platforms and the ability to learn new software applications relevant to the position.
- Willing and able to travel outside of the region using all modes of transportation including use of personal vehicle, travel to include nights and weekends.
- Must have valid passport/enhanced driver’s license.
- Knowledge/ familiarity of the Western New York region and specifically Niagara County.
Bachelor’s degree in related field OR three years of experience in a sales and marketing position, preferably in the tourism industry. CRM experience a plus. Niagara County resident preferred.
Sitting, standing, stooping, bending, heavy lifting (10-50 pounds), carrying, repetitive movements due primarily to computer work. All of the ergonomic requirements must be performed without significant risk of injury to oneself or others, or otherwise demonstrate or explain how one can perform essential functions listed above.
To apply for this position, please follow the link.