Mar 18, 2021
- Five Remaining Yellow Zone Clusters Will Be Lifted March 22
- Indoor Fitness Classes Can Begin Reopening Statewide on March 22
- 11 PM Curfew Lifted for Casinos, Movie Theaters, Bowling Alleys, Billiard Halls, Gyms and Fitness Centers Beginning April 5
- 4,624 Patient Hospitalizations Statewide
- 954 Patients in the ICU; 601 Intubated
- Statewide Positivity Rate is 3.41%
- 54 COVID-19 Deaths in New York State Yesterday
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today updated New Yorkers on the state's progress during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Effective March 22, the final 5 remaining yellow zone clusters in New York State will be lifted. Those clusters are in the East Bronx, West Bronx, Manhattan, Newburgh, New Windsor and Kew Gardens/Forest Hills in Queens. Any specific restrictions in those locations will be lifted and aligned with statewide guidance.
On March 22, indoor fitness classes can begin reopening statewide at 33 percent capacity with health screening and contact information required at sign-in. Classes should be scheduled to allow additional time for cleaning and disinfection between sessions. Local health departments shall inspect before or within 2 weeks of the fitness center opening to ensure compliance.
Beginning April 5, the 11 p.m. curfew currently in place for casinos, movie theaters, bowling alleys, billiards halls, gyms and fitness centers will be lifted. The 11 p.m. curfew for food and beverage establishments and the 12 a.m. curfew for catered events will remain in effect. Both curfews will be evaluated in late-April.
"New York is moving forward with reopening our economy and looking forward to a post-COVID world," Governor Cuomo said. "We know the vaccine is the weapon that defeats this invisible enemy and we are getting more shots in arms than ever before. As we re-open and an increasing number of New Yorkers receive their vaccines, it is more important than ever to continue the practices we know stop the spread of COVID-19. I encourage New Yorkers to continue to wear their masks, practice social distancing and wash their hands. We are reaching the light at the end of the tunnel and if we stay New York Tough, we will get there together."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 263,401
- Total Positive - 8,976
- Percent Positive - 3.41%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 3.28%
- Patient Hospitalization - 4,624 (-33)
- Net Change Patient Hospitalization Past Week - -174
- Patients Newly Admitted - 588
- Hospital Counties - 50
- Number ICU - 954 (+11)
- Number ICU with Intubation - 601 (-8)
- Total Discharges - 154,780 (+499)
- Deaths - 54
- Total Deaths - 39,690