Jul 7, 2020
Tonight's email is our 100th Coronavirus Update. We hope these updates have proven helpful. Thank you for reading.
We will continue to follow the data and facts and make decisions accordingly.
1. The Mid-Hudson region entered Phase 4 of reopening today. Long Island is on track to enter Phase 4 tomorrow, Wednesday, July 8. Read more about Phase 4 here.
2. The High Line in New York City will reopen July 16th. The elevated park will open with reduced capacity and free time-entry reservations.
3. Takeout beer, wine and cocktails has been extended. Restaurants and bars can continue to offer alcohol for takeout or delivery under special rules. Additionally, restaurants and bars are permitted to serve alcohol in expanded outdoor seating. These rules have had a positive impact for small businesses during this trying time. (Please drink responsibly.)
4. The number of total hospitalizations continues to remain low. Yesterday, there were 836 total hospitalizations. Sadly, we lost 10 New Yorkers to the virus.
5. Sufficient child care is critical to a successful economic reopening. Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul explains in an op-ed how New York State is rethinking and investing in child care in response to the COVID pandemic.
6. Yesterday, the State conducted 56,735 tests. Only 588, or 1.04%, were positive.