Mar 23, 2021
- We continue to make great strides in our vaccination progress. To date, New York has administered nearly 8 million vaccine doses, and the state's expansive distribution network is hard at work getting shots in arms. Our NYS/FEMA mass vaccination site in Yonkers administered its 20,000th vaccine shot today and our vaccination site at Stony Brook on Long Island administered its 100,000th vaccine today. Over the next few weeks, we expect to see vaccine production ramping up, and we have to make sure we have both the capacity to vaccinate and eligible New Yorkers ready to take the vaccine. If you're eligible, get any of the vaccines available to you—they're all safe & effective.
1. COVID hospitalizations rose to 4,681. Of the 143,521 tests reported yesterday, 6,801, or 4.74 percent, were positive. The 7-day average percent positivity is 3.33 percent. There were 925 patients in ICU yesterday, up 40 from the previous day. Of them, 596 are intubated. Sadly, we lost 53 New Yorkers to the virus.
2. As of 11am this morning, 26.5 percent of New Yorkers have completed at least one vaccine dose. Over the past 24 hours, 137,814 total doses have been administered. To date, New York administered 7,875,044 total doses with 13.8 percent of New Yorkers completing their vaccine series. See data by region and county on the State's Vaccine Tracker: ny.gov/vaccinetracker.
3. Reminder: New Yorkers age 50 and up are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccines. New Yorkers can check their eligibility and schedule an appointment at ny.gov/GetVaccinated or by calling the NYS COVID-19 Vaccine Hotline at 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829).
4. We are expanding testing capabilities to commercial landlords. The New York Forward COVID-Safe Offices partnership with commercial landlords will expand access to COVID-19 testing for employers statewide. As part of the initiative, 21 participating landlords have committed to provide space and facilitate access to testing services for tenants interested in conducting regular diagnostic testing of employees.