Jan 20, 2017
2017 Destinations of NYS Travel, Tourism, Hospitality & Culinary College Scholarship Fund
$1,500 Scholarship Award, Coordinated by New York State Tourism Industry Association
- Must be a resident of New York State.
- Must be a full time student enrolled in a two year or four year Travel, Tourism, Hospitality or Culinary related program in a New York State school and have completed at least 30 semester hours by May 2017. (Your 2017 Fall semester must be in New York State.) The $1,500 will be sent to the New York State College of the winner's choice for the Fall 2017 semester toward tuition and/or educational books.
- Must be attending an accredited degree-granting college or university in New York State with a travel, tourism, hospitality or culinary related field program.
- Must have attained an overall grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 point scale).
- No eligible student may receive this award more than once.
- Must submit a brief essay describing your reason for choosing this career path and your goals for the future, including pertinent work or internship experiences that you have had.
- Applications will be verified through applicant's Travel, Tourism, Hospitality or Culinary Department head.
Application can be found online at https://www.nystia.org/events-pages/estc/nystia-scholarship-application.