Apr 20, 2021
- Our vaccine operation continues to make steady progress and we are thankful for the health professionals and the volunteers who are at the helm of this unprecedented effort. The best way to show our appreciation for their service is by getting vaccinated and by continuing to exercise the safety measures that help prevent new infections. We have come a long way, but the virus is still with us and we need to stay strong, united, and New York Tough in order to defeat it.
1. COVID hospitalizations rose to 3,873. Of the 116,483 tests reported yesterday, 3,922, or 3.37 percent, were positive. The 7-day average positivity rate was 2.80 percent. There were 823 patients in ICU yesterday, down 13 from the previous day. Of them, 504 are intubated. Sadly, we lost 45 New Yorkers to the virus.
2. As of 11am this morning, 42.1 percent of New Yorkers have completed at least one vaccine dose. Over the past 24 hours, 154,049 total doses have been administered. To date, New York has administered 13,582,969 total doses with 28.8 percent of New Yorkers completing their vaccine series. See data by region and county on the State's Vaccine Tracker: ny.gov/vaccinetracker.
3. See how Excelsior Pass can help you be a part of NY's safe reopening. To help revitalize New York's economy safely, the State launched Excelsior Pass—a free and voluntary platform for businesses & individuals that can be used to easily access secure proof of a recent negative COVID test or vaccination. Learn more.
4. Remember, mental health resources are available for New Yorkers who need them. The weather is warming up and New York is gradually reopening but we can't underestimate the mental and emotional strain of the pandemic. New Yorkers can visit https://headspace.com/ny for free mindfulness resources or call our support hotline at 1-844-863-9314.