Jun 10, 2020
From Governor Cuomo @ 7:29 PM on June 10:
One of our goals is to take this unprecedented moment and Build Back Better. We are accelerating infrastructure improvements and construction projects from Long Island to Buffalo, and continue on essential projects that will benefit the state as we enter the post-COVID new normal.
Today marked the opening of a new Arrivals and Departures Hall at LaGuardia Airport's Terminal B. This is the biggest milestone to date in the airport's ongoing transformation from an airport showing wear and tear to a world-class facility.
Photo of the Day: Today at LaGuardia airport in Queens, I cut the ribbon on the new Terminal B, which will open on Saturday
(Photo by Kevin Coughlin)
1. The deadline to submit absentee ballots has been extended to June 23rd. To be counted, primary ballots must be postmarked by June 23rd. A previously issued Executive Order allows all New Yorkers to vote absentee in the June 23rd primary elections and ensures every New Yorker registered to vote receives a postage-paid absentee ballot application in the mail.
2. New Yorkers and local governments can easily track daily COVID-19 testing results through a new dashboard. To complement the early warning dashboard, this dashboard allows people to easily track COVID-19 daily test results in your region and county. View the dashboard here.
3. In the 40 days since we launched Nourish NY, it has provided New Yorkers across the state with access to nutritious food. To date, 353 distributions have taken place, enabling more than 90,000 households to receive Nourish NY products from thousands of NY farms.
4. The total number of COVID hospitalizations continues to decline. Total hospitalizations fell to 2,190, from 2,344 the day before. Yesterday, we tested 62,297 New Yorkers and only 1% tested positive for COVID.
5. Four site-specific permanent art installations were unveiled today at the new LaGuardia Airport. These public artworks reflect the creativity, energy, culture and spirit of the Empire State, and provide focal points of beauty in the terminal. Public art can show the world who we are and say, when you come to New York you will be amazed and inspired.