Community & Marketing Manager, Break The Ice Media
This position will be part of a team that believes tourism makes or breaks entire regions and is critical to economic development. Our purpose is to support economic growth and prosperity within the communities we serve. The Community & Marketing Manager is focused on adding value and cultivating a community within the travel, tourism, and hospitality ecosystem that our family of brands serve. Our family of brands: Break the Ice Media, Destination on the Left and Travel Alliance Partners.
As Community & Marketing Manager you will manage our collective brand voice and image, create strategies that align with overall company goals and growth targets, and oversee a marketing program promoting our offerings in thought leadership, industry education and strategic growth services.
When you join the team at Break the Ice Media, you will be joining a company that is a leader in the travel, tourism, and hospitality industry. You will be serving clients, members and industry partners from all over the world representing many different segments of the industry.
You will be part of a team that is committed to our core values that we refer to as PLACE GT
- We are passionate. Passion comes from our work, the tourism industry, helping clients succeed, marketing
communications, and life.
- We are light-hearted. Serious about our jobs and delivering results for our clients but not taking ourselves too seriously.
- We are authentic. True to ourselves, no smoke and mirrors here, no shiny objects, we are free to be who we are and attract clients who share the same value in authenticity.
- We are collaborative. It is the very foundation that this company was built from starting with that very first client.
- We are equitable. We believe in all aspects of equality and value ideas, input, and talents from all our team members—from the intern to the CEO.
- We are growth minded. We strive to continually learn and grow as individuals and as a company.
- We are transparent. Openness is core to how we operate.
Break the Ice Media is 100% committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply.
What You’ll Do:
- Strategy & Planning
- Create annual marketing plan aligned with company goals, market segments, and audiences.
- Develop a content marketing plan and editorial calendar.
- Recommend new marketing and outreach opportunities to push
- brand image and products.
- Project Management
- Oversee execution of approved marketing plan and programs.
- Manage projects through internal project management software.
- Engage team members on projects as needed.
- Hold regular marketing meetings with the team.
- Provide regular updates to supervisor and leadership team.
- Ensure all projects proceed according to plan and deadlines.
- Communications & Marketing Execution
- Oversee production, distribution, and promotion of weekly podcast episodes.
- Manage creation, distribution, and promotion of original research produced by the family of brands.
- Create engaging and shareable content based on cornerstone content and thought-leadership themes for blogs, social media channels, and newsletters.
- Identify, pitch and coordinate speaking and interview opportunities for our CEO and other team
members that will further our brand awareness within our target market segments.
- Create campaigns, manage, and maintain the CRM system.
- Update websites, create landing pages, and monitor success metrics for owned assets.
- Advise on, manage, and monitor social media initiatives, engagement, and participation.
- Brand Management
- Ensure consistent brand voice, tone and positioning are reflected in all touchpoints with internal and external audiences.
- Manage industry partnerships to maximize relationships and brand positioning within our industry sectors including NYSTIA, Destinations International, ABA and NTA.
- Event Planning
- Plan and execute community initiatives and programs that add value for our collective community including webinars, Q&A calls, and in-person events.
- Oversee all elements of planning annual conference TAP Dance including site selection, budget, logistics, scheduling, booking entertainment, registration, marketing and publicity, event flow, photo/video production, collateral, swag, signage, branding, and surveys.
- Monitor & Report
- Analyze and report on campaigns, web traffic, podcast downloads, audience growth and other relevant data points from the collective community using key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Provide community feedback to the leadership team.
- Analytical: Makes decisions based on logic and reason, can interpret data and use it to evaluate and adjust campaigns.
- Creative: Brings innovation and a fresh perspective to projects, with the ability to work within timelines and budget while integrating original ideas and strategies.
- Detail-Oriented: Organized and thorough in their work, communications, and activities, with strong time management skills.
- Flexible: Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and learn and adapt to the agency’s needs of priority and efficiency.
- Motivated: Strong desire to make a difference for clients and members and impact their business. Has an appetite for learning new skills and strengthening current skills. Eager to join a team of driven and passionate professionals.
- Relationship Builder: Able to create, nurture and maintain relationships one-on-one as well as with a group in-person, online and on social media.
- Team Player: Functions well within a team environment and can transition to independent work, while also seeking opportunities to support other team members.
- Writer: Exceptional writing skills and the capability to clearly and concisely communicate thoughts, marketing messages and PR stories. Uses creative and grammatically correct writing to produce powerful and effective communications.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or communications plus 2-5 years’ work experience or equivalent required
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of current social media trends and platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.
- Understanding of automation and experience using CRMs a plus.
- Ability to work in Wordpress or website builders desirable.
Working at Break the Ice Media offers a competitive benefits program which includes:
- Opportunity for flexible work schedule
- Professional development and enrichment opportunities
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)
- Health Insurance (100% coverage of a single policy)
- Employer funded telemedicine service
- Generous parental leave program
- Cell phone stipend
- 401K program including employer match (eligible after 1 year of employment)
Position Level: Consultant – Senior Consultant
$55,000 -$65,000 dependent on experience
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter and a total of three public relations and/or marketing content samples to Rhonda Carges at Rhonda@breaktheicemedia.com. Samples can be any of the following: press releases, digital assets, social posts or other relevant representation of your work.