Associate Consultant for Public Relations & Marketing, Break The Ice Media
We're a team of highly skilled, motivated, visionary professionals with a deep understanding of the travel, tourism & hospitality industry.
We know you're looking for the kind of expertise, guidance and strategic collaboration you need, to achieve the results you want and effectively connect with your target audience.
Whether it's a destination adding to the economic impact of their community, an attraction enhancing the visitor experience, or a business creating jobs for the travel, tourism & hospitality industry - we help our clients create impact!
And we do that in lots of different ways.
As an Associate Consultant at Break the Ice Media you will be a primary support for client work, including developing and writing content, implementing strategies, and executing client project plans. No two days are alike when you work across a variety of areas of responsibility including public relations, email marketing, social media, digital marketing, websites, planning and account management
As Associate Consultant for PR & Marketing, you will bring strong verbal and written communications skills, problem-solving skills and an eye for detail. An ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment is critical. An energetic, self-motivated professional who can work independently or on a team will feel right at home.
When you join the team at Break the Ice Media, you will be joining a company that is a leader in the travel, tourism, and hospitality industry. You will be working closely with clients from all over the world representing many different segments of the industry. Your work will contribute to results-driven marketing plans that deliver our clients ROI and even win awards.
You will be part of a team that is committed to our core values that we refer to as PLACE GT
- We are passionate. Passion comes from our work, the tourism industry, helping clients succeed, marketing communications, and life.
- We are light-hearted. Serious about our jobs and delivering results for our clients but not taking ourselves too seriously.
- We are authentic. True to ourselves, no smoke and mirrors here, no shiny objects, we are free to be who we are and attract clients who share the same value in authenticity.
- We are collaborative. It is the very foundation that this company was built from starting with that very first client.
- We are equitable. We believe in all aspects of equality and value ideas, input, and talents from all our team
members—from the intern to the CEO.
- We are growth minded. We strive to continually learn and grow as individuals and as a company.
- We are transparent. Openness is core to how we operate.
Break the Ice Media is 100% committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply.
Associate Consultants report to Consultants, Senior Consultants, and Directors.
What You’ll Do:
- Public Relations
- Writes, edits and distributes press releases on behalf of clients.
- Develops and maintains agency media lists.
- Assists in writing and sending media alerts and making follow-up calls to the media as needed.
- Assists in drafting pitches to the media.
- Assists in developing and writing client PR plans.
- Accompanies assigned Consultants and clients to media relations events as needed.
- Email Marketing
- Writes, designs, and implements email campaigns.
- Uses email as a tool to build customer and prospect databases for the agency and its clients.
- Social Media
- Implements and manages social media campaigns.
- Demonstrates competency across a wide variety of social media services such as blogging, community development and management, commenting, etc.
- Advises on, manages, and monitors agency and client social media initiatives and participation.
- Experiments with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities.
- Monitors social media trends, tools, and applications, and appropriately applies knowledge to increasing use of social media.
- Measures the impact of social media on overall marketing efforts.
- Digital Marketing & Websites
- Writes copy and develops compelling content for agency and client projects to meet strategic planning objectives.
- Coordinates content with other promotional and marketing materials to ensure copy and content are current and support/enhance overall strategic marketing plan.
- Assists in writing project marketing plans.
- Recommends content updates.
- Anticipates opportunities for existing clients.
- Account Management
- Assists with updating and maintenance of collateral and content pieces.
- Ensures copy and content is proofed and correct prior to presentation to clients, and again before final uploading, publishing, or sending.
- Assists in measurement and tracking project effectiveness to continually improve functionality and attract more customers.
- Ensures continued progress of client workflow in the absence of the assigned Consultant.
- Stays aware of client activities to provide backup when Consultants are unavailable.
- Assists in mailings, processing final copies, agendas, conference reports, proposals, correspondence, and other materials.
- Listens to and understands client needs to deliver high quality suggestions and service.
- Project Management
- Oversees execution of approved programs.
- Informs account supervisor regularly of account progress.
- Responds to client phone calls, emails, and maintains regular communications with clients.
- Makes sure all media and projects proceed according to plan and deadlines.
- Oversees execution of approved programs.
- Analytical: Makes decisions based on logic and reason, can interpret data and use it to evaluate and adjust client campaigns.
- Creative: Brings innovation and a fresh perspective to projects, with the ability to work within client timeline and budget while integrating original ideas and strategies.
- Detail-Oriented: Organized and thorough in their work, communications, and activities, with strong time management skills.
- Prioritization: Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and learn and adapt to the agency’s needs of priority and efficiency.
- Motivated: Strong desire to make a difference for clients and impact their business. Has an appetite for learning new skills and strengthening current skills. Eager to join a team of driven and passionate professionals.
- Social Savvy: Monitors and participates in social networking sites, maintaining a professional presence to positively represent self and agency.
- Team Player: Functions well within a team environment and can transition to independent work, while also seeking opportunities to support other team members.
- Writer: Exceptional writing skills and the capability to clearly and concisely communicate thoughts, marketing messages and PR stories. Uses creative and grammatically correct writing to produce powerful and effective communications.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or communications or equivalent relevant experience is required.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of current social media trends and platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.
Working at Break the Ice Media offers a competitive benefits program which includes:
- Opportunity for flexible work schedule
- Professional development and enrichment opportunities
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)
- Health Insurance (100% coverage of a single policy)
- Employer funded telemedicine service
- Generous parental leave program
- Cell phone stipend
- 401K program including employer match (eligible after 1 year of employment)
- $45,000 - $55,000 dependent on experience
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter and a total of three public relations and/or marketing content samples to Rhonda Carges at Rhonda@breaktheicemedia.com. Samples can be any of the following: press releases, digital assets, social posts or other relevant representation of your work.