When we launched our new website in 2022, making sure it was ADA-compliant was one of our top priorities for the new year. Under the guidance of the NYSTIA DEAI Committee and with the help of Corporate Communications, we have recently installed the Web Accessibility widget AccessiBe to make our website inclusive for everyone!
Now, all users can adjust the content, color, orientation, and profile of the site to fit their navigation needs. Anyone can simply click the blue accessibility icon in the lower right-hand corner of the page to start customizing.
- Manually setting descriptive and clear alt-text on images
- Utilizing the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 in all of our content
- Ensure that headings and labels describe the purpose/topic
- Using descriptive links and section headings and subheadings
- Making sure any animations can be turned on/off
- Manually adding captioning for videos
- & more - we are always learning!
We would like to thank the members of the NYSTIA DEAI Committee for their tireless work in continuing to keep DEAI at top-of-mind. Stay tuned for more information on the AssessiBe product from our web hosts at Corporate Communications!