May 31, 2020
Wednesday, June 3, 2020
1:00 to 2:00 PM
U.S. Travel and Destinations International will host a joint webinar featuring representatives from the Economic Development Administration (EDA) who will share more information about the $1.5 billion for EDA grants provided under the CARES Act. Learn who qualifies, how to apply and what kind of projects are likely to be funded to help communities prevent, prepare for and respond to the coronavirus pandemic. Stick around for Q&A at the end of the presentation.
- Dana Gartzke, performing the delegated duties of the assistant secretary of commerce for economic development
- Joel Frushone, director, office of external affairs and communications, Economic Development Administration
- Phil Lovas, deputy assistant secretary for the National Travel and Tourism Office, U.S. Department of Commerce to the EDA
Thursday, June 4, 2020
12:00 to 1:00 PM
The next webinar in the Assessing Recovery series will dive into another angle of the reopening experience. Insights and lessons learned from hotels, attractions and airports will be the focus as they navigate their roads to recovery.
- Ivar Satero, airport director at San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Jason Freeman, vice president of security, safety, health & environmental at Six Flags Inc.
- Tom O'Shea, managing director for Sunriver Resort