Oct 1, 2019
AUBURN, NY âNew York State Travel Industry Association (NYSTIA), announced the recipients of the 2019 Tourism Excellence Awards at their Annual Meeting held September 26-27, in Auburn, NY. The New York State Tourism Industry Association recognizes leaders in New York State's tourism industry who have achieved a high level of excellence and accomplishment with the Tourism Excellence Awards. Individuals and organizations are selected from nominees that have demonstrated commitment, leadership, and accomplishment in the travel and tourism sector from January 1, 2018 to May 31, 2019.
Twelve tourism partners were honored for excellence and creative achievements in destination marketing and development of exceptional promotional programs. This year's award winners are listed below:
- Leadership Award - Kelly Rapone, Genesee County Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Center
- Visitor Service/Public Sector - Discover LiLi, Discover Long Island
- Young Professional Leadership - David Lee, Finger Lakes Visitors Connection
- Excellence in Leadership - Jennifer Ackerson, Alon Marketing, Inc.
- Marketing Projects/Public Relations Campaign - A Sweet Retreat, VISIT Staten Island
- Marketing Projects/Digital Campaign - Hudson River Train Tour App, Hudson River Valley National Greenway
- Marketing Projects/Printed Materials- Beyond the Big Apple Brochure, Central New York, Dutchess Tourism, Sullivan Catskills
- Niche Marketing/Less than $500K - Genesee County Golf Packages, Genesee County Chamber of Commerce
- Niche Marketing/More than $500K - I LOVE NY LGBT/WorldPride Promotional Campaign, Empire State Development, NYS Division of Tourism
- Marketing Excellence/Private Sector Over $500K - GlassBarge 2018 NYS Tour/Corning Museum of Glass
- Marketing Excellence/County Level Effort Over $500K - Destination Marketing Corporation for Otsego County/Catch Me in Cooperstown
- 2019 Chairperson's Award - John Percy, Niagara Falls USA
âThis year's Tourism Excellence Award winners have and will continue to take New York State's tourism industry to new levels of success, driving economic growth across the state. These awards recognize tourism professionals not only for their creative marketing programs, but also for their passion and commitment to their communities," said Bob Provost NYSTIA President & CEO.