Jul 9, 2022
Parks & Trails New York's 24th Cycle the Erie Canal Bike Tour starts today!
This year's 750 participants will enjoy eight days of cycling, scenery, history, friendship and endless adventure. Covering between 40 and 60 miles per day, cyclists travel along the Erie Canalway Trail , which is now the east-west axis of the statewide Empire State Trail .
Curious about the tour? Explore our storymap for an in-depth guide to the route each day, or click on a specific day to jump to that point in the storymap. Check out our latest edition of our Canalway Trail Times for an overview of all the interesting sights, smells and tastes along the way!
- July 10 (Day 1): Buffalo to Medina (48 miles)
- July 11 (Day 2): Medina to Fairport (62 miles)
- July 12 (Day 3): Fairport to Seneca Falls (50 miles)
- July 13 (Day 4): Seneca Falls to Syracuse (40 miles)
- July 14 (Day 5): Syracuse to Rome (48 miles)
- July 15 (Day 6): Rome to Canajoharie (61 miles)
- July 16 (Day 7): Canajoharie to Niskayuna (46 miles)
- July 17 (Day 8): Niskayuna to Albany (28 miles)