What We Do
The New York State Tourism Industry Association (NYSTIA)
advances economic growth, job creation, quality of life and pride of place
by realizing the potential of New York State's tourism industry
and facilitating the success of its members.
We serve New York State's tourism industry through
collaborative initiatives, research, legislative awareness, and exceptional marketing.
This is the business-to-business website for the New York State Tourism Industry Association.
For New York State travel and tourist information, visit www.iloveny.com. For a fantastic deal on a New York State vacation, visit www.NewYorkGetawayDeals.com
NYSTIA is organized for the purposes of bringing together New York State tourism industry interests to: advocate government policies and programs which will strengthen the industry; to raise the level of professionalism within the industry; to encourage the development of cooperative relationships and partnerships among its members; and to raise consumer awareness and appreciation of travel and vacation opportunities in New York State.
NYSTIA's leaderships consists of a diverse 21-person board of directors, drawing from the associations membership. The board is lead by an Executive Committee of Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer; as well as a President & CEO who oversees association staff managing the day-to-day operations of the association. NYSTIA members are invited to attend NYSTIA board meetings, held at least 4 times per year, and are encouraged to attend the Annual NYSTIA membership meeting, held in a different location each year.
The Association staff manage the day-to-day activities of the Association, including:
- Compile a monthly e-newsletter to keep members up-to-date on issues affecting tourism.
- Manage the Association's involvement in literature distribution and information services the New York State Fair.
- Participate in and add its voice to Tourism Industry Coalition (including the annual Tourism Showcase lobbying day in Albany), the tourism promotion efforts of the NYS Division of Tourism, and the annual Governor's Tourism Summit.
- Host the annual statewide New York State Tourism Conference.
- Develop and execute a cost-saving cooperative consumer shows program for NYSTIA members.
- Develop and execute cost-saving cooperative print and digital marketing program for NYSTIA members.
- Field questions and concerns of NYSTIA members about tourism industry issues or activities.
- Manage the Destinations of New York State Travel, Tourism, Hospitality & Culinary College Scholarship Program.
The Association derives its operating budget from membership dues, cooperative marketing activities and registrations/sponsorships for NYSTIA events and conferences.