May 1, 2023
Dear Canalway Challenge Partners—
The 2023 Canalway Challenge is on! With your help to promote the Challenge, we can extend our reach, bring more people to enjoy the canal corridor, and maximize our tourism impact.
PLEASE JOIN US in spreading the word! The greatest number of signups come in May and June as people are thinking about how to spend their summer. Here are some ideas:
- Social media- Schedule a post using this month’s sample post (below) or create your own. We’ll send you a new post monthly.
- Banners- Hang a 3x6-foot outdoor vinyl banner. Say the word and we’ll send you one.
- Posters- Put up a poster with cyclist graphic (size: 11x18”).
- Rack cards- Add cards to your rack or share at meetings and events.
- Trail cards- Give out small promotional cards; these are perfect for canal greeters, trail ambassadors, and others who want to pass them out to people they meet on the trail.
- PowerPoint presentation- Make a short presentation to your organization to generate interest. We can provide a PowerPoint.
Let us know what you need and we'll ship it out to you. Thanks and here’s to a terrific 2023 Canalway Challenge!
SAMPLE SOCIAL MEDIA POST:
Explore the great outdoors along New York’s canals this year! Join the Canalway Challenge, presented by @Erie Canalway, and set your mileage goal, then walk, run, cycle or paddle to achieve it. The Canalway Challenge is free and open to people of all abilities.
IMAGES CYCLING OR PADDLING:
Director of Communications and Outreach
Erie Canalway Heritage Fund, Inc.
Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor
P.O. Box 219, Waterford, NY 12188
518-237-7000 x 222
Explore more than 500 miles of connected waterways and trails & experience the canals that transformed America.