November 22 - Happy Thanksgiving! - Reasons to Give Thanks - 2023 Travel Trade Appointments - DEAI Case Study
Reasons To Be Thankful...Reasons To Celebrate Progress
Reflecting on the year that has passed since our 2021 Thanksgiving issue, I find numerous reasons to give thanks this year and look forward to the year ahead. A few highlights:
- HOLIDAY SURPRISE: In December of 2021 (in fact, during NYSTIA's virtual holiday mixer!) we got word that NYSTIA's Market NY Grant 'Tourism Recovery & Resurgence' had been approved. Thanks to the grant awarded to NYSTIA by New York State's Empire State Development and the I LOVE NY Division of Tourism under Governor Kathy Hochul's Regional Economic Development Council Initiative, we launched numerous initiatives and have provided over $500,000 in marketing support to participating destinations and businesses for marketing outreach to consumer and travel trade sectors in both the domestic and international markets.
- MEMBER ENGAGEMENT: Our membership is growing and is more involved than ever! We are truly stronger together - welcoming over three dozen new members and drawing over 400 total attendees to the 2022 NYS Tourism Conference and the 2022 NYSTIA Annual Meeting. Our committees and task force teams are active and contributing to the tourism industry's momentum across New York State.
- TOURISM RESURGENCE: Thanks to your hard work and creative adaptation to the evolving travel marketplace, the 2021 travel spending reports issued mid-year showed that New York State's tourism regions outside of New York City collectively surpassed pre-pandemic spending levels. U.S. Travel's travel spending dashboard indicates that travel spending for September of 2022 for New York State as a whole surpassed 2019 levels! Those of you who joined us at the October Annual Meeting in New York City witnessed firsthand the resurgence of the world's #1 destination city.
I look forward to embarking with all of you on the journey to success in 2023 and urge you, in particular, to look to this newsletter in the weeks ahead for news of our programs, initiatives and events. Once again, I want to express my admiration and respect for the work you all do and my appreciation for your efforts on behalf of your destinations, communities and the New York State Tourism Industry Association. - Bob Provost (reach Bob at email@example.com)
NYSTIA Market NY Grant Project #134852
Start The New Year Selling Your Destination! - January 2023 Travel Trade Buyer Meetings - 4 Days * 3 Appointments/Day * 12 Clients
Put your destination and/or tourism business in front of inbound travel buyers! This program will introduce you to the top DMC’s, international receptive operators, and domestic tour operators based in the major gateways of the United States: New York, Florida, and California. Participate in managed virtual sales calls to develop strategic relationships to grow your business’ distribution networks, all with a New York State focus.
ALON, in partnership with NYSTIA, offers this opportunity as part of the Market New York Grant Project #134852! Learn more.
Diversity, Equality, Accessibility & Inclusion
Case Study: The Letchworth State Park Autism Nature Trail
The Letchworth State Park Autism Nature Trail is the nation’s first nature trail specifically designed to address the sensory needs of those on the autism spectrum and their families. In this detailed case study, learn about how the one-mile hiking loop was conceived, implemented and constantly evolving towards the future. Read more.
The DEI Committee wants to hear your DEI or DEAI story! Our colleagues benefit when we learn from each other. Share your story addressing DEAI with the industry to be shared on our website and possibly at a future event or webinar. Submit now.
Nominate a Museum for an Award of Distinction
MANY’s Awards of Distinction recognize the exceptional achievements of New York’s museums and museum professionals. Any museum or individual may nominate an organization, person(s), or project completed...Read more.
Welcome, Brian Cousins, New Chamber PResident at the Genesee County Chamber!
The Genesee County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors announced that Brian Cousins has been selected as their new President. Cousins will succeed Erik Fix, who left to take a position with the City of Batavia...Read more.
Lake George Area Annual tourism Awards Celebrate Legacy of Service
The Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce & CVB is thrilled to announce its annual honorees as the Chamber continues to celebrate its 70th anniversary...Read more.
The Semi-Annual Forecast: A Look Ahead -Wednesday, November 30 at 1 PM
A new year is around the corner. Join U.S. Travel
next week for an exclusive breakdown of the travel forecast through 2026 featuring Tourism Economics
' Adam Sacks. Learn more & Register.
The Year in Review and the Year Ahead -Tuesday, December 14 at 2 AM
, the global leader in tourism research and analysis, will join Miles Partnership
to jointly present the latest research, analysis and global examples. Learn more & Register.
U.S. Travel is asking the nation's travel industry to join their sign-on letter urging Congress to pass these critical priorities by the end of the year:
- Address long visa wait times by enacting the Visitor Visa Wait Time Reduction Act (H.R. 9141)
- Support the Service Worker Economic Stabilization Act (H.R. 9231)
- Pass the Omnibus Travel and Tourism Act (S. 3375)
Add your organization's name to their letter before November 30! Sign here.
The Travel Guide Group 'NYS Virtual Consumer Travel Show'
Increase Visitors, Revenue & Economic Impact via Traveler Engagement & Lead Generation with the Travel Guide Group 'NYS Virtual Consumer Travel Show'!
Lock in low $1.35 per lead rate* and added-value benefits for a 3 to 12-month 2023 period, and 200 to 2,000 leads per month. NYSTIA members save up to 73% off!
Sign up now through December 15, 2022 to start your campaign by February 1, 2023 or earlier. Learn more.
ROVA Magazine: NEW April/May + 2023 Program
ROVA reaches an estimated 100,000+ outdoor, camping and RV enthusiasts with its 50,000 circulations! Join the April/May 2023 Multimedia Print/Digital Co-Op Program content on:
- Mountain Biking
- Water Sports
Showcase your destinations to the theme of "Enjoying the Magnificent Outdoors in New York State!" Learn more.
NYSTIA's 2022 Co-Op Programs
address digital infrastructure, market intelligence, destination management, group travel, and more!