May 16, 2022
View full email from Finger Lakes Visitors Connections
Grants and Funding Workshop
May 23, 2022
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
NY Kitchen, Canandaigua
RSVP by May 18 to Partners@VisitFingerLakes.com
Industry partners and small businesses –
- Do you need help deciphering the different grant opportunities that might be available to your business?
- Are you interested in applying for NYS Funding for COVID relief?
- Do you feel you have a marketing program that is worthy of getting a grant for Market NY, but you just don't know how to put an application together – or what the deadlines are – or who to contact?
If you answered yes, to these questions, then you should dedicate two hours of your time to a workshop that will set you and your business on the right path for financial success.
As a continued effort to connect businesses with grant and funding opportunities because of the pandemic, Ostrander's Consulting is working in cooperation with Ontario County and the Ontario County Tourism Office and the Ontario County Office of Economic Development to support the small businesses as we emerge from Covid-19. Business has changed, new opportunities for financial support are available.
As Valerie Knoblauch, President of Finger Lakes Visitors Connection says, “We have been presented opportunities to grow from this pandemic, we just need to help our industry seize those opportunities."
The May 23rd workshop (held between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.) requires advance registration and will cover these topics:
- Finding funding opportunities for both for-profit and nonprofits
- How to use the NYS Consolidated Funding Application Portal
- Documentation required for grant programs
- Additional funding sources outside of grants to help grow your business
This workshop is being provided with no cost by Ostrander Consulting. Ostrander is under contract to provide services related to COVID relief for small businesses as well as to provide training and educational opportunities to the industry to advance their businesses in our post-COVID world.
To register for the Grants and Funding workshop or if you have questions call the Finger Lakes Visitors Connection Office at 585-394-3915 or email Partners@VisitFingerLakes.com and provide the name of the business and the participant and contact information for attending the seminar. There will also be an opportunity to join the meeting virtually through a Zoom link. If you would like that information, please indicate that when you sign up.
For more information or to be put in the information stream for all the activities you can also email Ostrander's Consulting at: Customerservice@
Future Small Business Workshops Will Cover:
- Pivoting after COVID – June 13
- Marketing – July 11
- Workforce development and sexual harassment training – Aug. 8
- QuickBooks – Sept. 12
- MWBE Certification – Oct. 12
A Non-Profit Series Will Focus On:
- Creating a working board – June 20
- Strategic planning – July 18
- Finding funding streams – Aug. 16
- Cultivating branding and messaging for non-profits – Sept. 20
If you have any questions, call Ostrander's Consulting at (607) 742-2168 or email Customerservice@