Nov 7, 2023
Madeleine Gionet, Director of Marketing at New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, to Speak in Niagara Falls at the 2024 New York State Tourism Conference
Madeleine Gionet, Director of Marketing at New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, will speak at the 2024 NYS Tourism Conference on their upcoming Centennial celebrations and the formation of the parks and historic sites system we know and love today. Learn more about their year-long celebration throughout the state in 2024 and how you can join them!
Why you should attend this session:
- With a record 79.5 million visits in 2022, our state parks and historic sites are a vital part of New York State’s DNA. We intend to drive increased visitation in 2024 to your communities and businesses and hope you’ll join us in celebrating!
- Our Centennial will celebrate the last 100 years but also look forward to the next 100 as we ignite conversations around restoring and expanding visitor capacity, reaching new and underserved audiences, facing forward into climate change, and strengthening community partnerships.
- We’ll plan to share materials you can use for your organizations to help spread the word about the Centennial.
- Learn more about:
- Our multi-phased marketing campaign to engage and excite visitors, soon-to-be visitors, elected officials, and more
- Interactive activations to inspire our visitors to explore, learn, and volunteer across our parks and historic sites system
- Key events, tours, and partnerships we have planned!
Maddie Gionet is the Director of Marketing for the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. As director, Maddie oversees the agency’s marketing program, developing informative and engaging integrated campaigns to drive tourism to parks and historic sites across the state, as well as position New York as a recreation destination. Her responsibilities also include management of the agency’s brand strategy, partnerships, and large-scale events and activations.
Director of Marketing
New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
About New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation:
The New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation oversees more than 250 parks, historic sites, recreational trails, golf courses, boat launches, and more, which saw a record 79.5 million visits in 2022.