The New York State Tourism Industry Association works to advance statewide economic growth, employment and quality of life by realizing the potential of New York's tourism industry and facilitating the success of NYSTIA members.
NYSTIA supports our members by providing networking and professional development opportunities, a comprehensive consumer trade show series and cost-effective media marketing programs. NYSTIA also hosts annual state-wide events, most notably the NYS Tourism Conference and the NYS Tourism Excellence Awards. Both provide professional programming and the opportunity to network with tourism industry stakeholders and affiliate businesses.
NYSTIA brings industry members together helping travelers choose NYS when selecting a destination. NYSTIA members include industry and affiliate businesses that support the outreach efforts of NYS tourism assets.
Becoming a member is simple just complete the membership registration form select credit card or enclose a check and mail to us at:
689 Hoosick Rd. PMB#110
Troy, NY 12180
Tourism Promotion Agency (TPA) Membership Level: $ 500
- Region and County-designated Tourism Promotion Agencies (TPAs*)
Tier A Membership Level: $ 300
- County-level or larger Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs*) including chambers of commerce, tourism office, membership organizations, government offices (unless designated as a matching funds TPA*; see TPA Tier Level)
- Accommodations and Campgrounds (25+ Rooms/Sites)
- Museums, Attractions, Cultural Institutions and Events/Festivals (10,000+ annual visitors)
- Industry-Allied Vendors and Suppliers, including Sole Proprietorships (with 11 or more employees)
- County or State-level Industry-Allied Associations/Organizations
- Restaurant Chain within New York State
- Transportation companies
- Media Outlets (Print, TV, Radio, Internet-based)
Tier B Membership Level: $175
- Village, City or Town-level Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs*), including chambers of commerce, government offices (unless designated as a matching funds TPA*; see TPA Tier Level)
- Accommodations and Campgrounds (under 25 rooms/sites)
- Museums, Attractions, Cultural Institutions and Events/Festivals (under 10,000 annual visitors)
- Industry-Allied Vendors and Suppliers, including Sole Proprietorships (with 2-10 employees)
- Restaurant within New York State (single site)
Tier C Membership Level: $100
- Industry-Allied Vendors and Suppliers, including Sole Proprietorships (featuring one owner/operator and no employees)
- Industry-Supportive Individuals (not representing any organization/business)
* A Tourism Promotion Agency is defined as an entity that has been designated by county government to apply for and receive "I Love New York" matching funds. A Destination Marketing Organization is defined as an entity that engages in tourism promotion for its assigned area, either as its primary function or as part of its overall operation.