The New York State Tourism Industry Association works to advance statewide economic growth, employment and quality of life by realizing the potential of New York's tourism industry and facilitating the success of NYSTIA members. We are the catalyst for collaboration, cooperation and advocacy in the private sector of New York State's Tourism industry.
NYSTIA addresses our mission and facilitates member success by providing networking and professional development opportunities, a comprehensive consumer trade show series and cost-effective media marketing programs. NYSTIA also hosts annual state-wide events, most notably the NYS Tourism Conference and the NYS Tourism Excellence Awards. Both events provide professional programming and the opportunity to network with tourism industry stakeholders and affiliated businesses. We engage in year-round advocacy support for our members, including participation in the annual Tourism Action Day at the NYS Capitol.
Becoming a member is simple. Select the relevant membership level below and then complete the membership registration form using the link below. Select credit card to pay securely online or pay by check and mail to us at:
689 Hoosick Rd. PMB#110
Troy, NY 12180
Matching Funds Eligible/officially designated county TPA
Based on annual budget:
- Annual budget <$500,000: $600
- Annual budget $500,000 to $999,000: $650
- Annual budget $1,000,000+: $750
Industry Allied Vendor/Supplier
Allied Vendor/Supplier not eligible for individual membership
- NYS Regional: $300
- NYS Statewide: $400
- Out-of-State/Nationwide: $500
Tier A Membership Level: $500
- County level or larger destination promotion or destination marketing organizations including chambers of commerce, membership organizations and government offices.
- Accommodations and Campgrounds (125+ Rooms/Sites)
- Museums, Attractions, Cultural Institutions and Events/Festivals (100,000+ annual visitors)
- State Level Tourism Related Associations/Organizations & Transportation Companies
- Restaurant Chain within New York State
Tier B Membership Level: $350
- Village, City, Town-level Destination Marketing Organizations, including Chambers of Commerce, government offices.
- Accommodations and Campgrounds (25-124 rooms/sites)
- Museums, Attractions, Cultural Institutions and Events/Festivals (10,000 - 99,999 annual visitors)
- County/Regional Level Tourism Related Associations/Organizations & Transportation Companies
- Colleges/Educational Institutions
Tier C Membership Level: $225
- Accommodations and Campgrounds (under 25 rooms/sites)
- Single location Restaurant, Craft Beverage Producer, Agri-Tourism Destination In NYS & Community-Level Transportation Companies
- Museums, Attractions, Cultural Institutions and Events/Festivals (under 10,000 annual visitors)
- Industry Supportive Individuals (not representing any organization/business).
- Additional staff/employee for paid member above: $15 per individual
- Students registered through Higher Learning Institution or NYSTIA member internship: $0
- Distinguished Member Emeritus* (D.M.E.): $0
* D.M.E: - By Invitation Only - Former NYSTIA/tourism industry members, retired, who have made significant contributions to the NYS Tourism industry and continue to make significant contributions; applying their knowledge, insights and experience in active participation in NYSTIA committees, task forces and initiatives.