2018 NYS Fair Worker Shift Sign Up Form
Register to staff the NYSTIA info booth at The Great New York State Fair! This year the Fair runs from August 22 to September 3.
To register for worker shifts, click the register button. You'll receive your worker packet in the mail within two weeks of the Fair.
Information for all workers:
- Shifts run from 10:00am to 4:00pm, and 3:00pm to 9:00pm. Arrive 15 minutes in advance of your shift to meet the kiosk coordinator. They will inform you of your working duties for your shift.
- Give yourself plenty of time to park, and to walk or take the shuttle to the fairgrounds. Some days, especially discount days, will have traffic backups for getting into the parking lots. Please give yourself at least 30 minutes to an hour as you are approaching the fairgrounds, for parking and getting to the kiosk.
- Register your work shift early to guarantee your first choices. We only have room for 3 workers per shifts. Shifts will be assigned in the order received. Our night shifts are harder to fill and we ask that if you can work at night, please sign up for that shift.
- Each worker will receive one (1) Fair entrance ticket per person, per shift for each shift filled (if one person is working two shifts in one day, only one ticket will be issued for that day). Work a few hours, and enjoy the Fair on your own! Visit the fair website at www.nysfair.org to see what's happening.
- NYSTIA will reimburse you for your parking fee - up to $5.00 - at the NYS Fair. the parking attendants can give you receipts, so please bring it to the kiosk as it is needed for paperwork. You will receive your $5.00 cash reimbursement when you report for your shift.
- We encourage you to wear your own tourism promotion shirt during your work shift (such as a golf shirt, button down shirt or dress with your company/organization logo. Wear shoes or sneakers comfortable for walking or standing for long periods. No restrictions on shorts, but please ensure your pants, shorts, skirts/dresses are clean and professional.
- This event is NOT included in the Show Worker Rebate Program (part of the NYSTIA shows program).
- Need lodging? We recommend booking early as rooms will fill for the Fair and for families of students coming to town for college. www.visitsyracuse.org.
Bona fide tourism-related entities (that are members of NYSTIA) are invited to submit literature for distribution at this premier event showcasing the BEST of New York State. on average, the Fair draws about 1 million visitors.
To register your LITERATURE for the NYSTIA kiosk at the Fair (if you haven't already), fill out the 2018 NYSTIA shows form HERE. You'll receive instructions in August on how to send your brochures.
Not yet a member? That's easy! ENROLL TODAY
Finding the Fairgrounds:
The Great New York State Fair
581 State Fair Boulevard, Syracuse, NY 13209
(Using a GPS? we suggest using Empire Expo Center for your keyword search, and not New York State Fair). MORE DIRECTIONS
New York State Fairgrounds (Empire Expo Center)
581 State Fair Boulevard
Syracuse, New York 13209