Public Relations Campaign: Canada
THIS PROGRAM IS FULLY SUBSCRIBED - this page is provided for informational purposes only
Comprehensive Earned Media Outreach In the Canadian Market
Based on data found in recent industry reports, destinations with convenient proximity to Canada have an advantage in 2022. Canadian travelers are prioritizing responsible travel this year. They want to pursue short leisure trips, within driving distance, and are willing to spend more than they did prior to the pandemic.
After two years of being under the cage of COVID, Canadian journalists and travel writers are hungry for new material to feed to their audiences, and it's time to remind them that New York State is open for business.
The NYSTIA Canadian PR Co-op will provide a platform for participants to safely engage with Canadian media outlets at your comfort level. On your behalf, we will strategically execute a campaign designed to foster media relationships, respond to media requests, and maximize exposure to the Canadian market, resulting in on-going media coverage and inspiring travel to your destination.
CLICK HERE - Check Out Our Media Showcase Profile Document For NYS Destinations!
- Engage 1:1 with each partner destination to develop optimal content customized to your destination and priorities.
- Highlight unique experiences, packages and events while addressing health and safety concerns for key Canadian audience segments.
- Drive Canadian travel intenders to your website to plan and book a NYS vacation.
- Embrace proven earned media tactics:
- Utilize both proactive and reactive content and media outreach
- Influencer marketing
- Media hosting & FAM trips
- Analytics to monitor and measure success
- Partnership: Deadline participation notification – April 30h
- Planning, asset collection, partner onboarding – May 2022
- Campaign Kick-off – May 18, 2022
- On-going plan execution – May-December 2022
- May 1-7: National Tourism Week (US)
- May 29 to June 4 -Tourism Week in Canada 2022 (TIAC - Canada)
- June 22 to 26 – TMAC Conference attendance
- Discover America Day
PARTNER INVESTMENT: Just $2,100 (limited to 15 partners)
- $6600 per partner
- $4,500 grant
- $2,100 partner match
For more details, CLICK HERE for our briefing deck
Interested? Questions? Please contact
VP & Senior Consultant | Break the Ice Media
Break the Ice Media is a strategic, digital marketing and PR agency comprised of travel PR and tourism marketing strategists. We deliver powerful ideas, focused strategies and measurable plans that help create demand, inspire visitation, foster connections, and strengthen ROI. We help our clients draw visitors out of gateway cities - and open up visitors' eyes to the possibilities of travel in small and mid-size destinations.
This project is supported by a grant awarded to NYSTIA by New York State's Empire State Development and the I LOVE NY Division of Tourism under Governor Kathy Hochul's Regional Economic Development Council Initiative.