77 WABC is best known as "where New York comes to talk" and delivers personality-driven talk radio to its 750,000 listeners each week. WABC offers listeners insight into national/local news content, sports, comedy, health, travel, business, and much more. WABC has heritage personalities on-air, such as Bernie & Sid, Chris Plante, Curtis Sliwa & Rita Cosby, Michael Savage, Ben Shapiro, Mark Levin, Pauline Frommer, Joan Hamburg, and many more.
77 WABC can offer NYSTIA and its members the following unique personalities and programs:
1. Bernie & Sid Sports Tour: Bernie & Sid (6a-10a) are huge sports fans. They can visit historic NYS sports locations (i.e. Cooperstown, Syracuse University, Lake Placid, Boxing Hall of Fame, Saratoga, Yankee Stadium), and highlight their trip and experience on-air through vignettes, and on social media so listeners can follow along with their journey. After Bernie & Sid visit, they can offer listeners a contest to win a trip to this destination.
2. Sid & Family: Sid, his wife, daughter, and son, love to travel and go on adventures. They can camp, visit amusement parks, go on outdoor adventures, and much more. Sid will then create on-air vignettes talking about his family's amazing experience visiting these locations in NYS.
3. Rita Cosby: Rita (12p-3p) is a major supporter of the military and all things veterans. She is passionate about educating our listeners about the military, and highlighting our veterans any way that she can. Rita can offer listeners a unique perspective on military history at places like West Point, Brooklyn Navy Yard, Cradle of Aviation, and many more.
4. Curtis Sliwa Diner Tours: Curtis Sliwa (12p-3p) is also founder of The Guardian Angels. He knows the streets of NY, and can connect well with city listeners. Curtis can offer “diner tours" throughout New York State and ask listeners to visit with him.
5. Why I Love NY: 77 WABC consistently has guests visit the studio for interviews and performances at our performance space, HMH Stage 17. We will ask these artists to tell us why they love NY. We will use these recordings (pending approvals), to create vignettes on the station to educate our listeners about all the great things in NY! Recent guests who have stopped by include Jim Breuer, Melissa McCarthy, Joseph Abboud, Tiki Barber, and many more.
6. Joan Hamburg: Joan Hamburg, also known as "The First Lady of Radio" engages with listeners through her cultural experiences and background. Joan could offer NYSTIA and its members an upscale look at the culinary backgrounds of famous NY chefs, the NY entertainment industry, the NY shopping scene, and much more. She can have on-air interviews that can later be repurposed as vignettes to highlight these incredible stories.
Value Added Option 1: 77 WABC to include local NY State food/beverage products to sample to attendees at HMH Stage 17 performances, interviews, and in artist lounges. HMH Stage 17 is our intimate performance space atop Madison Square Garden, with 200+ events per year.
Value Added Option 2: 77 WABC to offer on-air/online contesting and giveaways to listeners for weekend trips in NYS. This will give these locations additional exposure and create a desire for listeners to visit.
Value Added Option 3: 77 WABC to have a local food/beverage company that is NYS based drop product off at the studio for on-air talent to enjoy and mention on-air.
Value Added Option 4: In addition to any media buy, 77 WABC can air (:10) second commercials informing listeners about what's going on in NYS this upcoming weekend. We will drive listeners to various locations for events, festivals, activities, adventures, etc.
NYSTIA Member Spot Rates:
M-F 6a-10a (:60) @ $400
M-F 10a-12p (:60) @ $300
M-F 12p-3p (:60) @ $350
M-F 3p-5p (:60) @ $300
M-F 5p-6p (:60) @ $300
M-F 6p-9p (:60) @ $250
M-F 9p-1a (:60) @ $200
Sa-Su 10a-10p (:60) @ $175
(:30) second rates are 80% of (:60) s
Reservation Due Date: One week in advance recommended, but will accommodate immediate turnaround if needed and feasible.
Materials Due By: 36 hour turnaround for on-air media, 48 hour turnaround for digital media