3 Neptune Rd, Suite A11A, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Jan 17, 2020
Dutchess Tourism, Inc. is the officially designated destination marketing and management organization for Dutchess County, New York and is accredited by the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP) of Destinations International. It is an independent 501c6 non-profit organization that works to bring tourism dollars to area businesses by marketing and promoting the assets of Dutchess County to the nation and the world.
Mission Statement: Drive visitation to Dutchess County to generate the maximum impact through hotel stays and visitor spending for the benefit of our community.
Vision Statement: To make Dutchess County the premier destination choice of travel in the Hudson Valley, New York State, and the Northeast, with increased emphasis on overnight stays.
SUPERVISOR: Director of Communications
15-hour position, Dutchess Tourism, Inc.'s office is open Monday thru Friday
Part-time PR position to assist in implementing facets of the organization's communications plan to achieve its overall marketing strategy.
• Write, edit, proofread content for email marketing activities
• Write, edit and proofread content for organization's website and partner websites through CMS, ensuring quality and consistency with brand identity
• Confirm familiarity tour itineraries (as coordinated by Dir. of Communications) and notify partners of media placements, document through Simpleview CRM
• Coordinate data entry in Simpleview CRM for department reporting
• Create digital graphics for use on web, email marketing and social platforms
• Contribute to team effort to accomplish goals and complete additional tasks as needed
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of tourism promotional activities in Dutchess County
• Excellent written, oral communication and organization skills with ability to produce compelling presentation materials of all types
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively and innovatively
• Demonstrated ability to communicate to a diverse range of audiences
• Proficient in online marketing strategies and initiatives
• Proficient in all office suite applications, Adobe Creative Suite
• Strong problem solver; shows initiative
• Strong attention to detail and follow-through with a high degree of accuracy
• Positive, diplomatic, professional attitude
• Ability to use telephone and computer
• Flexibility to attend work events outside the office. Some weekends and evenings required
Associates Degree or higher, preferred Bachelor Degree.
Sitting, standing, stooping, bending, lifting and carrying 40 pounds, repetitive movements due primarily to computer work. All ergonomic requirements must be performed without significant risk of injury to oneself or others, or otherwise
Please submit your resume, cover letter and writing samples by Feb. 5, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org