“When the going gets tough, the tough get going".
I heard that phrase too many times over the years, but does it ever ring true now! 2020 hit us all between the eyes and I am very proud that we all rose up and got tough, NY Tough.
NYSTIA was created for a moment like this and the staff, board of directors and hardworking committees have been dedicated to convening the industry, collaborating, educating, advocating, inspiring and working for our members success.
Below is just a few of the ways your NYSTIA membership renewal is a worthy investment!
In 2020 NYSTIA:
- Worked hand-in-hand with US Travel* to advocate for this industry as legislation was being formed that would affect the tourism industry. NYSTIA played a significant role in winning PPP relief to 501c-6 organizations through national contacts and key relationships as the legislation was maturing:
- “The outstanding engagement of NYSTIA, led by our friend Bob Provost, helped drive forward an advocacy agenda that succeeded in delivering deep federal relief for so many in need across the travel industry. We are grateful for the support of NYSTIA as advocates in sharing our collective story during an incredibly challenging time." ---Roger Dow, President and CEO, U.S. Travel Association
- Invested in virtual meeting and webinar platforms to host over 30 virtual programs in 2020 to connect, educate and support our members, including weekly TPA/DMO meetings during NY PAUSE to share the latest information get answers to questions, helping county tourism leaders keep their stakeholders up to date.
- Successfully upgraded our e-newsletter platform, frequency, and content, enhanced our social media activity and added a special COVID support pages on our website.
- Introduced new strategic marketing Co-Op programs and converted most of our marketing visibility Co-Ops to multimedia platforms.
- Launched new advocacy tools and platforms to enhance legislative awareness and enable the voice of New York's travel industry to be heard.
- Hosted our first ever virtual Annual Meeting in September. In November, we provided members with an outstanding Virtual New York State Tourism Conference experience. One of the best parts of NYSTIA is getting together with our peers and seeing all of you. Attendees heard from the best of the best – National speakers from Destination International and Tourism Economics, NYS Commissioners, I Love New York and travel journalist Peter Greenberg. We were even able to network, enjoy some laughs courtesy of the National Comedy Center and share a cocktail with all of you.
In 2020 we began to form a campaign we are bringing to the forefront in 2021 based on the rally cry of “NewYorkers4NY". We will once again be leading the charge in getting our communities back to stability and prosperity by leveraging the collective strength of the tourism industry. Watch for more of this coming soon!
We are proud to have you as a member and we work hard to facilitate your success…because your success is truly New York's success.
With grateful thanks,
NYSTIA Board Chair