Recipients of the 2018 round of scholarships from the Destinations of NYS Travel, Tourism, Hospitality & Culinary College Scholarship Fund will be announced at the "I Love New York" Empire State Tourism Conference on April 24th, 2018, in Schenectady, NY. We encourage all college and university students studying in relevant fields to register to attend this tourism industry event for professional development and networking opportunities. Scholarship recipients will be awarded $1,500.
STUDENT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Applicant must be an established resident of New York State (For dependent students, at least one parent must have been a state resident for at least 12 months prior to the start of Spring 2018 semester. For independent students, either they or their
spouse must have been a state resident for at least a year before the start of the start Spring 2018 semester).
- Applicant must be a full-time student enrolled in a two year or
four year travel, tourism, hospitality or culinary related program in a
New York State school, and plan to have at least 30 credit hours completed
by May 2018 (including the Spring 2018 semester).
- Applicant's 2018 Fall semester must be in New York State. The
$1,500 will be sent to the New York State College of the winner's choice
for the Fall 2018 semester toward tuition and/or educational books.
- Applicant must be attending an accredited degree-granting college
or university in New York State with a travel, tourism, hospitality or
culinary related field program.
- Applicant is required to provide complete contact information for a
professor or department chair in your field of study at your school, for
verification and reference (both phone and email contact must be included).
- Applicant must have attained an overall grade point average of
3.0 or better (on a 4.0 point scale).
- No eligible student may receive this award more than