DONY Scholarship Student Application
Recipients of the 2019 round of scholarships from the Destinations of NYS Travel, Tourism, Hospitality & Culinary College Scholarship Fund will be announced at the New York State Tourism Conference - in Buffalo April 24-26. We encourage all college and university students studying in relevant fields to register to attend this tourism industry event for professional development and networking opportunities. In 2018, five scholarship recipients were award $2,000 each that was forwarded to their colleges to defray their education costs. We are pleased to announce that will award five in 2019. 2019 application deadline March 15.
2019 STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Applicant must be an established resident of New York State (For dependent students, at least one parent must have been a state resident for at least 12 months prior to the start of Spring 2019 semester. For independent students, either they or their
spouse must have been a state resident for at least a year before the start of the start Spring 2019 semester).
- Applicant must be a full-time student enrolled in a two year or
four year travel, tourism, hospitality or culinary related program in a
New York State school, and plan to have at least 30 credit hours completed
by May 2019 (including the Spring 2019 semester).
- Applicant's 2019 Fall semester must be in New York State. The
$2,000 will be sent to the New York State College of the winner's choice
for the Fall 2019 semester toward tuition and/or educational books.
- Applicant must be attending an accredited degree-granting college
or university in New York State with a travel, tourism, hospitality or
culinary related field program.
- Applicant is required to provide complete contact information for a
professor or department chair in your field of study at your school, for
verification and reference (both phone and email contact must be included).
- Applicant must have attained an overall grade point average of
3.0 or better (on a 4.0 point scale).
- No eligible student may receive this award more than