Tourism Administrative Assistant, Destination Marketing Corporation - Otsego & Schoharie Counties’ Official Destination Marketing and Management Organization
By contract with Otsego and Schoharie Counties, the Destination Marketing Corp. is the designated the Tourism Promotion Agency (TPA) under the New York State Tourism Matching Funds Program. The DMC is funded by a portion of the occupancy tax revenues collected in contract with Otsego and Schoharie Counties; Cooperative marketing investments with tourism Partners; and annual grants from the NYS Division of Tourism/Matching Funds Program.
To steward local economic vitality through tourism generation and destination management which results in business development, pride of place, historical preservation, enhanced quality of life for our residents, as well as a memorable visitor experience.
To be a community leader, partner, and resource in economic development through tourism generation. As a result of DMC’s visitor economy management, our destination is valued as a vibrant place to play, live, and work.
Full-time professional to assist with daily operations of office, keep databases current, and provide administrative support to the team. Work hours are M-F, 9am-5pm. This is an hourly, non-exempt position that works 35 hours a week.
As Tourism Administrative Assistant, you will field visitor inquiries, manage digital content, curate Information Technology needs of the office, oversee functionality of websites and event calendars, record meeting minutes, and more. DMC team members are passionate about Central New York and engaged participants in our communities. Organized, detail-oriented, and tech-savvy.
You will be part of a team that leads the community in the advancement of economic development in Otsego & Schoharie Counties in Central New York. A team that creates brand value growth, small business success, community revitalization, pride of place, employment, quality of life development, historical preservation, and increased revenue in existing properties. We are:
- Passionate for Central New York – Otsego & Schoharie Counties in particular.
- Love the travel and hospitality industry.
- Have a passion for storytelling, writing, placemaking.
- Have an innate focus on accessibility, sustainability, diversity, and equity.
- Friendly and fun; Laidback and professional, genuine.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
(Some of) What You’ll Do:
- Oversee information technology for computers, telephone system, copier and all other office equipment. Coordinate IT needs with sub-contractor(s).
- Collect and distribute mail daily.
- Contribute to team effort to accomplish goals and complete other tasks where needed.
- Assist Fulfillment Coordinator with the preparation of Inspiration Guide mailing lists to bulk mail house services.
Data and Information Maintenance
- Maintain accurate and current information for all accounts and listings in Customer Relations Management member database. Ongoing data hygiene and list cleansing.
- Ensure appropriate member information aggregates correctly from CRM to ThisIsCooperstown.com, Visit SchoharieCounty.com, and ILoveNY.com
- Assist in coordination with related associations as assigned, including New York State Tourism Industry Assoc., Haunted History Trail of NYS, I LOVE NEW YORK, Brew Central, niche trails, and many others.
- Review and approve member events for display on the websites.
- Update the department page within the county website, OtsegoCounty.com
- Maintain annual calendar of events and promotion with Haunted History Trail of NYS
- Respond to phone and email inquiries from potential visitors.
- Assist with DMC functions, events and promotional activities to facilitate success, promote engagement, and reflect positively on the organization.
- Ensure that accessibility, diversity, equity, inclusion, and
- sustainability are woven into the fabric of the organization.
- Communicate with Board of Directors; track board member term limits, schedule bi-monthly board meetings, prepare and distribute board meeting documents, attend meetings as assigned by President or Chairperson, compile minutes of board meetings and committees.
- Introduce tourism-related businesses to the services of DMC in order to start a business listing and introduce to the Marketing & Communications Director
Abilities and Passions:
- Strong writing, verbal, and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to assist any and all who may be in need.
- Attention to detail and follow-through with a high degree of accuracy.
- Highly organized and flexible with the ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines.
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision.
- Strong problem solver; shows initiative.
Technology Fluency - Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- Ability to operate various office equipment including computer, printer, telephone, copier, mobile technologies, laptops and presentation equipment.
- Computer Software & Programs: Content sharing platforms such as Dropbox, Google, Microsoft 365, and others. Training to be provided for many other industry-specific tools.
- A valid driver license for travel.
- Availability to work occasional (infrequent) evenings and weekends as assigned.
- Ability and willingness to travel by any mode of transportation, including self-transport to assigned venues.
- Consistent and engaged access to the communities and places of Otsego & Schoharie Counties.
- Experience in marketing, customer service, and office management favored.
- Sitting, standing, stooping, bending, climbing stairs and carrying 40 pounds, repetitive movements due primarily to computer work. All of the ergonomic requirements must be performed without significant risk of injury to oneself or others, or otherwise demonstrate or explain how one can perform essential functions listed above.
- Excellent benefits package including IRA contribution, paid time off, individual health insurance and more.
- Wages dependent upon experience.
Each qualified candidate is invited to submit a single PDF with a resume and a cover letter explaining why they would be an excellent fit for this position. Samples of previous work are encouraged. Send to: Info@ThisIsCooperstown.com with “Tourism Admin. Assistant” in the Subject line.