Social Media Specialist, Discover Albany
The Albany County Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. was established in 1976 to promote the civic and commercial progress of the community through the increased development of conventions and tourism. Today, the organization is known as Discover Albany. Discover Albany currently represents more than 300 member businesses and assists each year in hundreds of regional meetings. Discover Albany also operates the Discover Albany Visitors Center and the Albany International Airport Information Center.
The Social Media Specialist is an entry-level position responsible for creating and administering content on all social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to help grow our audience. This position will help to ensure Discover Albany’s online presence is consistent with our positive destination brand and voice, increase consumer engagement, improve performance and create opportunities for content sharing.
POSITION GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute Discover Albany’s social media strategy, managing channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok and LinkedIn.
- Implement and manage social media advertising campaigns.
- Track and report social media metrics to help us learn about Discover Albany’s audience and generate insights to enhance content strategy.
- Analyze user engagement and web analytics on a monthly basis.
- Be the Discover Albany tone and voice, maintaining journalistic standards for content, including grammar, consistency, accuracy, sourcing and style.
- Serve as an internal subject-matter expert and advocate for content marketing and social media within the organization.
- Liaise with other team members to ensure brand consistency.
- Stay up to date with developments around Albany County to generate new ideas to engage audience’s attention.
- Work with Community Engagement Manager to identify Discover Albany partner stories, events, and offerings to promote.
- Liaise with Discover Albany partners to help gather content for promotion on social media channels.
- Contribute content for the Discover Albany leisure blog to promote on social media channels.
- Create short form videos to be shared on social channels.
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- 1-2 years of experience with writing and implementing social media campaigns. Knowledge of Meta Business Suite a plus.
- Understanding and keeping up with the changes of popular social networks.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to shift gears in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Creative thinker with ideas on new ways to tell Albany County’s story.
- Copy writing and editing; Crafts consistent, persuasive and engaging content for social media, website and blog.
- Knowledge of Albany County is encouraged, but not required. Willingness to learn is important.
Salary Range: $35,000 - $40,000
Parking: Provided by Employer
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER WITH THE SUBJECT LINE “SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST” TO:
Katy Cotter | Director of Marketing
25 Quackenbush Square, Albany, NY 12207