Social Media and Photography Specialist, Corning Museum of Glass
The Corning Museum of Glass is the foremost museum in the world dedicated to the art, history, science and technology of glass and glassmaking. We seek dynamic individuals interested in helping us fulfill our mission: We inspire people to see glass in a new light. As a worldwide leader among museums, The Corning Museum of Glass strives to attract applicants with diverse backgrounds and ideas spanning across cultures, languages, beliefs, ethnicities, races, genders, and sexual orientations. We maintain a working environment that respects the differences among our employees, understanding that diversity strengthens us.
The Museum offers varied opportunities in many different areas for candidates who have the knowledge and expertise to join our professional staff of approximately 170 individuals. We offer excellent benefits.
Located in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of New York State, just a few hours from New York City, Washington, D.C. and Toronto, the area offers a variety of outdoor activities and cultural attractions.
The Corning Museum of Glass is an equal opportunity employer.
Manages the Museum’s social media channels, from strategy to implementation. Conducts research and develops robust content and voice on multiple channels plus plans and schedules all content. Engages with the Museum’s diverse social community, monitors growth and analytics, and provides reports to internal stakeholders. Photographs people, programs and events on the Museum campus and coordinates marketing photo shoots. Serves as the Marketing & Communications (MarCom) department’s primary subject matter expert for marketing photography requests. This position’s primary responsibility is to act as the gatekeeper of the Museum’s online reputation and presence.
- Oversees management, research, and development of robust content and voice for the Museum’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Plans and schedules channel-appropriate content covering all areas of the Museum’s programs and collections. Actively publishes content from Museum events in real time.
- Creates social media calendar and plan, based on upcoming programs, events, exhibitions, and news. Coordinates with stakeholders on the timing of social media posts. Works to balance effective campaign timing with strategy, relevancy, and frequency to achieve maximum impact and engagement.
- Moderates Museum live streams and manages social media takeovers.
- Interacts with Museum followers and responds to questions in social media in a timely manner. Monitors the channels for possible internal escalation of a topic.
- Monitors engagement on social media, provides reports to internal stakeholders, and provides analytics reports and updates.
- Monitors emerging practices in social media; provides recommendations as appropriate.
- Manages strategy for posting short, engaging videos to be shared on social media.
- Photographs people, programs, and events on the Museum campus, including evening and weekend activities.
- Coordinates photo shoots with outside photographers for marketing purposes.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for MarCom image uploads.
- Manages marketing image files and related metadata within a digital asset system.
- Collaborates with Digital Content Editor and Specialist to prioritize digital content needs for the web.
- Creates and edits short video content in collaboration with Digital Media.
- Supports and amplifies the Museum’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and access.
- Maintains and progresses knowledge of social media practices, plus trends and technologies both within and beyond the museum industry. Networks with peers and conducts benchmarking to identify or refresh best social media practices.
- Cultivates a positive and productive workplace through communication, vision, and collaboration.
- Respect and exemplify the values of The Corning Museum of Glass in all interactions with colleagues, staff, volunteers and the public.
- Ability to represent the Museum in a professional manner.
- Adhere to all prescribed organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, museum studies or related field.
- Three years’ experience managing a multi-channel social media plan.
- Excellent working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, metadata tools including Adobe Bridge, Sprout Social, and other social media analytics.
- Ability to apply a mix of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques; experience with analysis and interpretation of social media analytics/metrics; ability to draw meaningful conclusions and recommendations to produce actionable insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain an appropriate voice for diverse audiences.
- Working knowledge of Piction or equivalent data asset management tool.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud; Adobe Premiere video editor experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success in working in a demanding environment under the pressure of competing deadlines.
- Superior photography, videography, and editing skills using Adobe Photoshop; experience using photography equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively and professionally with people at all levels, including external stakeholders.
- Highly accurate, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Some weekends and evenings required; flexibility in hours necessary.
- Occasional travel, as needed.
$53,000 - $56,000
Email or mail resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Corning Museum of Glass, One Museum Way, Corning, NY 14830, Attn: Human Resources. An Equal Opportunity Employer.