Office Assistant, Steuben County Convention and Visitors Bureau
The Steuben County Conference and Visitors Bureau (SCCVB), DBA Explore Steuben, is the official tourism development and marketing organization for Steuben County, NY. The SCCVB is a 501(c)6 not-for-profit, non-membership organization governed by a Board of Directors that works closely with State, Regional, and local Tourism and Economic Development Offices, and Steuben County businesses. The SCCVB tells the destination’s story in a strategic and research-based approach to increase accommodation occupancy and tourism expenditures within Steuben County, NY.
Provide support to sales, marketing, and administrative team to ensure stellar customer service and efficient operations of the organization. Provide requested services for visitors and meeting planners in a manner that will reflect the highest degree of professionalism of our organization.
- Assist with meeting scheduling.
- Maintain organized filing system.
- Maintain inventory counts of all visitor guides, collateral materials and promotional items.
- Attend and record minutes of all Board of Directors meetings 6 per year.
- Support President with Board of Directors Communications.
- Retrieve in-coming mail for review by President.
- Support visitor and conference services as needed.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by the President.
- Assist other staff with coordinating events and ongoing projects and programs.
- Minimal travel may be required (up to 5 days per year).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience in clerical, marketing, or administrative capacity a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, phone, communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of marketing and promotional practices helpful.
- Knowledge of MS Office, database management.
- Positive attitude and self-motivation required.
- Must be capable of lifting 25 pounds.
- Part time up to 25 hours per week
- Benefits: flexible work environment
This posting will remain active until the position is filled. To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please. We will notify qualified applicants if we wish to schedule an interview.