Marketing & Communications Coordinator, Campground Owners of New York
Campground Owners of New York (CONY) is an association dedicated to the promotion, growth, improvement, and development of independently owned campgrounds in New York State. CONY is a membership-based organization of independently owned campgrounds in New York State that focuses on marketing, legislation, advocacy, benefits, and annual conference and trade show for member parks. CONY is an equal opportunity employer.
Campground Owners of New York has an exciting entry-level marketing and communications position for a professional, collaborative person with strong organizational skills and a passion for outdoor hospitality and tourism. Reporting to the President & CEO, and in collaboration with the board of directors, this position provides brand management support and assists with the implementation of marketing, public relations, advertising, and promotional strategies for CONY.
This is a hybrid position. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator can work remotely, but must have the ability to travel to the main office location in Malta, NY, as well as offsite locations throughout New York, to complete business as needed. Travel and a valid driver’s license is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Serve as managing editor of the annual CAMP NEW YORK guide, facilitating all aspects of ad sales, planning, design, and printing.
- Coordinate the CONY brochure distribution program, including bulk distribution of CAMP NEW YORK guide and partner materials.
- Develop and manage content and ad sales for CONY website (campnewyork.com), CONY mobile app, and social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.
- Serve as managing editor of CONY membership communications including monthly e-newsletter and quarterly printed newsletter and handy reference guide, facilitating all aspects of ad sales and content.
- Media relations activities including writing press releases and media alerts.
- Determine and execute advertising opportunities in print and digital media.
- Attend functions as a CONY representative as directed by the President & CEO, including conferences, trade shows, and media events.
- Assist in the development, promotion, registration process, sponsorship recruitment, and execution of CONY events, including Zone meetings and Annual Exposition.
- Support membership as needed, including site visits and digital meetings with members and prospective members.
- Assist the President & CEO with onboarding new members and regular management of the CONY database.
- Serve as Marketing Committee liaison at meetings of the CONY board of directors.
- Manage CONY phone lines and monitor general information email inbox and answer or direct emails as appropriate.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. Campground Owners of New York reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as marketing, communications, journalism, business administration, or mass media.
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience, which can include career and/or internship experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Workspace, Adobe Creative Suite
- Event management and association experience is preferred, including an understanding of customer relationship management systems.
- Strong relationship-building skills and desire to collaborate with others.
- Be able to work independently, meet deadlines, and work flexible hours.
- Travel is required.
If interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.