Front Desk, Comfort Inn & Suites
This Comfort Inn is located in Medina, NY. We are within an hour drive from Niagara Falls/Buffalo to the west and Rochester and the Finger Lakes to the east. Our area is the hallmark-esque backdrop with rich cultural and culinary. Visitors that visit us take in our farm fresh produce awarding winning wineries and historic cobblestone and sandstone architecture – that all hinge on our proximity to Lake Ontario and the historic Erie Canal. The open waters of Lake Ontario and the tributaries offer outstanding year-round trout and salmon fishing – It’s a top tier fishing destination!
PURPOSE OF POSTION: TO PROVDE AN EFFICIENT AND FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE TO SERVICE GUESTS. FOLLOW ALL COMPANY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES.
- Carry out front desk responsibilities including, but not limited to greeting guests, performing guest transactions, balancing reports, processing reservations and credit cards.
- Provide quality service for guests including pertinent information about the area.
- Handle and resolve guest's complaints.
- Operate switchboard giving courteous, polite service.
- Assist in training of new staff.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Perform basic math using a calculator.
- Have legible handwriting.
- Knowledge of computer equipment.
- Record information in the desk log book and shift reports.
- Work with other departments to ensure room status is up to date and room repairs are done on a timely basis.
- Promote all marketing programs to the guest.
- Responsible for accurate cash control to include keeping the cash drawer at a minimum and ensuring that the shift deposits balance.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance behind the front desk and in the lobby areas.
- Operate TDD equipment for hearing impaired guests.
- Implement all company policies and procedures for safety and security.
- Send and receive faxes.
- Responsible for key control.
- Cleaning guestrooms and lobby area as needed.
- Restocking front desk supplies.
- Help with laundry.
- Deliver cribs, towels or other items to guestrooms as requested.
- Perform light maintenance duties.
MANDATORY JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Read, write and speak English.
- Neat well-groomed appearance.
- Must have a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends.
- Good communication skills.
- Pleasant personality and people skills.
- Front desk area accounting audits and shoppers report all within acceptable ranges.
- Maintain high level of quality, service and cleanliness.
- Daily accountability for cash drawer, deposits, and guestroom sales.
EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING REQUIRED
- High school education.
- Previous desk experience preferred but not necessary.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
- Serve-safe certification. (Within 30 days of hire)
- Continuing Choice University online instruction.
Negotiable, depending on experience and $14.25 an hour during training.
There are five front desk positions available. If interested in applying, please fill out the attached job application and email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.