Tupper Lake, New York
The Wild Center is committed to a future where people and the natural world thrive together. We invite you to discover the story of the Adirondacks, and to explore new ways that people and nature can thrive in the same place.
Our mission is to ignite an enduring passion for the Adirondacks where people and nature can thrive together and offer an example for the world.
The Events Coordinator is an enthusiastic, energetic, and organized member of The Wild Center team. This self-starter is the primary staff person responsible for organizing all internal and external events. This person performs a range of duties including setting and leading cross-departmental meetings, acting as the facility logistics lead, and following up on all external event inquiries such as weddings, meetings, parties, etc.
If you like to help build things, are creative, a great communicator, and see problems as opportunities, this is the job for you. Come be a part of a team that values creativity, enthusiasm, learning together, and having fun while working in a supportive atmosphere.
- Coordinate and organize all internal development and programmatic events
- Coordinate and process all phases of external events including contracts, book orders, secure deposits and payments for special events through Altru and Xtrulink database management systems
- Create and manage checklists to manage all steps of the event process
- Organize cross-departmental teams to ensure benchmarks are reached on time
- Maintain database and track Facility Rental leads, inquiries, lost business, sales revenue, and provide ongoing status reports as required
- Onsite point person for all events, and space rentals. Including group greeting, space set up/take down, tech and equipment needs, etc.
- Solicit and monitor leads for Special Events based on revenue and attendance goals
- Manage assigned revenue and expense budgets
- Coordinate with the Programming Department to schedule private programs, tours, and activities
- Follow-up with special event customers to determine satisfaction
- Inventory, manage and maintain all special events equipment (ie: dishes, flatware, decor, tables, chairs, etc.)
- Work with marketing and other departments to promote internal special events
- Serve as a liaison between departments and the Cafe and oversee all payment for services when in-house food and beverages are required for an event (such as a Board Meetings)
- Keep web pages related to events up to date
- Learn how to operate event related a/v equipment (ie: theater, podium, speakers, etc.)
- Promote and manage the free community event application process with Senior Staff
- Perform other duties as requested
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com