Event and Group Sales Coordinator, The Wild Center
Tupper Lake, NY
Jul 28, 2022
The Wild Center is a science-based interactive nature center, and its experiences, exhibits, and programs are designed to open new ways to look into our relationship with nature. We are committed to a future where people and the natural world thrive together, where visitors discover the Adirondacks' story and explore new ways that people and nature can thrive in the same place. Our mission is to ignite an enduring passion for the Adirondacks where people and nature can thrive together and offer an example for the world.
The Events and Group Sales Coordinator is an enthusiastic and energetic promoter of The Wild Center. This self-starter is the primary staff person responsible for actively prospecting for, soliciting, and securing group visits (tour and non-tour groups) and special events, as well as coordinating the daily operations of the group sales and special events. This person performs a range of duties including generating and following up on leads and inquiries; selling, welcoming, and managing group visits; managing internal and external special events (such as weddings, meetings, etc.); maintaining rental inventory; working with vendor partners; producing related reports and generating sales data.
- Identify and pursue strategic opportunities for capturing volume admission sales from targeted constituencies
- In consultation with the Deputy Director and Marketing Director, formulate and implement proactive Group Sales & Special Events marketing campaigns
- Solicit and monitor leads for Group Sales & Special Events based on revenue and attendance goals set with the Marketing Director
- Establishes new and helps maintain existing relationships with travel, tourism, convention, and meeting partners with a strong focus on Tour Wholesalers and Tour Operators
- Solicit and monitor leads for Group Sales, FIT, MICE & Special Events based on revenue and attendance goals set with the Marketing Director
- Establish and maintain relationships with strategic travel, tourism, convention, and meeting partners with a strong focus on Tour ---Wholesalers and Tour Operator
- Represent TWC at community events, outreach programs, domestic and international travel shows and expos, FAM events, sales missions, networking events and related sales activities to promote TWC and develop strong positioning of group visit offerings
- Maintain database and track Group Sales & Facility Rental leads, inquiries, lost business, sales revenue, and provide ongoing status reports as required
- Coordinate and process all phases of group and special event contracts; book orders, secure deposits and payments for group ticket sales, group tours, and VIP tour reservations through Altru and Xtrulink database management systems
- Onsite point person for all group visits, events, and space rentals. Including group greeting, space set up/take down, tech and equipment needs, etc.
- Report on customer relationships, sales forecasts, and new prospects
- Manage assigned revenue and expense budgets
- Coordinate with the Visitor Services team to schedule and confirm VIP tours, Group Sales & Special Events reservations and tour requirements
- Coordinate with the Programming Department to schedule private programs, tours, and activities
- Follow-up with group sales and special event customers to determine satisfaction
- Serve as a liaison between departments and the Cafe to provide BEO's, manage inventories, and oversee all payment for services when in-house food and beverages are required for an event (such as a Board Meeting)
- Perform other duties as requested
- Reports to Marketing Director
- Supervises assigned volunteers, event staff, and outside vendors
- Collaborates with various levels of Staff, Board, Visitors, Members, and Volunteers
- Demonstrated success in the development, management, and execution of sales campaigns
- Solid writing and speaking ability and strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on persuasion and proactive action
- Demonstrated time management skills and detail-orientation
- Analytical and report writing skills
- Access and employ job-related computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Docs/Drive, Blackbaud Altru, Shopify, Xtrulink) at an effective proficiency level
- Accuracy, timeliness, and strong organizational skills are essential-Works independently with limited supervision
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with constant change
- Adept at correspondence and other required materials in support of development activities
- Well-organized with a strong detail orientation and penchant for action
- Customer service orientation and mindset
Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a related discipline. Marketing, communications, hospitality, arts administration, or museum studies preferred.
- Group sales and special events experience preferably in a museum, attraction, or resort setting.
Name: Leah Hunter-Gunn